Testing the waters
- Culinary Creations: A Community-Based Support for Policy Change in the Elementary School Nutrition Environment. Powers, Alicia; Stevens, D.; The, N.; Fair, M. // Journal of Nutrition Education & Behavior;Jul2015 Supplement, Vol. 47 Issue 4, pS74
An abstract of the article "Culinary Creations: A Community-Based Support for Policy Change in the Elementary School Nutrition Environment" by Alicia Powers et al. is presented.
- A STUDY OF SCHOOL PRINCIPALS AND THE PROMOTION OF NUTRITIONAL HEALTH IN MIDDLE GRADE SCHOOLS. Shahid, Barbara // Education;Spring2003, Vol. 123 Issue 3, p552
Middle school education is fundamental to the lives of millions of adolescents. It is a time of great opportunity for stimulating cognitive, emotional, and psychosocial growth and development. At the same time, the middle school environment can exacerbate the problems that some students face. To...
- Whitney schools schedule "Meet the Teachers" // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);8/10/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 32, p1
The article reports that the Whitney Elementary School in Whitney, Texas will be holding a Meet the Teachers Nights on August 17-19, 2011, while the Whitney Middle School will be held on August 16, 2011.
- Building an Atmosphere of Success in a Middle School. Rubinstein, Robert E. // Phi Delta Kappan;Dec89, Vol. 71 Issue 4, p328
Features the Roosevelt Middle School in Eugene, Oregon with an aim in providing educational achievement to its students. Factual background on the school operations since its founding in 1969; Development of evaluation forms for different course settings; Recognition of individual academic and...
- 3 Philadelphia public schools will be converted to charters. // American School & University Exclusive Insight;4/23/2012, p3
The article cites a report from "The Philadelphia Inquirer" on the decision of the Philadelphia School Reform Commission of Pennsylvania to turn over control of Cleveland Elementary, H. R. Edmunds Elementary, and Jones Middle School to charter providers.
- VOICE BOX. Riley; Meg; Jessie; Meredith; Liora; Catwolfgrl-chan, Kado; Sarah; Adina; Hanna // New Moon Girls;Mar/Apr2011, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p10
The article presents the opinions of the "New Moon Girl" magazine's readers from the U.S. and Ontario on elementary and middle schools.
- Development of a Framework that Describes how Gardens Become Integrated and Sustained in Elementary and Middle Schools. Gardner, Kate; Koch, P.; Contento, I. // Journal of Nutrition Education & Behavior;Jul2015 Supplement, Vol. 47 Issue 4, pS5
An abstract of the article "Development of a Framework That Describes How Gardens Become Integrated and Sustained in Elementary and Middle Schools" by Kate Gardner et al. is presented.
- Here's What We Do... Food Service: Serving More Than Food. // NEA Today;Sep97, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p41
Features Annie Hutchison, food service supervisor at E.L. Connally Elementary School in Atlanta, Georgia. Influence of being an activist member of the National Education Association, on her views about her job; Motivation given by the union to do a better job; Importance of developing a close...
- Cost-free and sustainable incentive increases healthy eating decisions during elementary school lunch. Pittman, D W; Parker, J S; Getz, B R; Jackson, C M; Le, T-AP; Riggs, S B; Shay, J M // International Journal of Obesity;Jan2012, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p76
We aimed to develop a cost-free and sustainable program to influence healthier eating decisions during elementary school lunch. Baseline food and beverage choices were assessed for 9 days during lunch service at two racially and economically diverse elementary schools in Spartanburg County, SC,...