Giovas wins top FAME award
- School foodservice leaders receive FAME awards. // Nation's Restaurant News;01/10/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p58
Reports that school foodservice leaders were chosen as winners in the 11th Annual Foodservice Achievement and Management Excellence Awards.
- NEWS DIGESTS. // Nation's Restaurant News;12/13/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 50, p25
Reports on developments concerning on-site restaurants and foodservice in the U.S. as of December 13, 2004. Citation of Demetrious Giovas, foodservice director for Gadsden Independent Schools in New Mexico, as Director of the Year in the 16th annual Foodservice Achievement Management Excellence...
- Sponsors call for entries to annual FAME awards. // Nation's Restaurant News;07/24/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 30, p138
Reports on the nominations sought by Basic American Foods, Campbell Soup Co., Quick-to-Fix Foods and Tyson Foods for the Foodservice Achievement Management Excellence (FAME) 2001 Awards. Recognition given to school foodservice professionals who had raised the industry standards in the United...
- E. BATON ROUGE: Louisiana schools `structure' kitchens. // FoodService Director;05/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p5
Reports on the restructuring of East Baton Rouge Parish School's foodservice in 1999. Structure of the school's kitchen; Problem with regards to keeping good foodservice employees; Food preferences of the students; Other changes made in the the school's food service.
- In Fla. School Dist.: `Home-Made' Concepts Double Participation. // FoodService Director;06/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p52
Reports the increase in the rate of lunch participation in Charlotte County Schools, Punta Gorda, Florida. Details on the foodservice concept and marketing programs at the school; Total student population; Growth of lunch service under foodservice director Carol Kehrer's direction; Food items...
- Industry Census. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;08/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p62
Looks at the results of the 1998 `Food Service Director' magazine's annual School Meal Participation Ranking in the United States (US) and details the compliance of schools to the US Department of Agriculture's calorie goals. Overall participation in high schools; Programs implemented in 1998;...
- SAYS MINN. SCHOOL STUDY: ...though `less healthy' foods thrive. // FoodService Director;08/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p24
Reveals the results of a study on menu items served as a la carte dishes in junior and senior high school cafeterias in the United States. Concerns raised by dietitians; Percentage of students that purchase the food items.
- MEAL CHOICE: Directors mull a la carte sales and nutrition. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;08/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p56
States that school foodservice directors in the United States are divided over the issue of a la carte foods. Benefit of serving a la carte foods; Food preferences of students; Annual sales on a la carte food items.
- New start-up combos. Pearl, Anita R. // FoodService Director;11/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p112
Provides information on innovative ideas to increase student breakfast participation at some school cafeterias in the United States. Promotional giveaways; Popular breakfast foods among students; Breakfast choices for students; Free breakfasts.