- Evidence-based public health. HICKS, NICHOLAS R. // Evidence Based Medicine;Sep/Oct2004, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p158
The article reviews the book "Evidence-Based Public Health" by R. C. Brownson and E. A. Baker.
- Speaker's corner: Two information dissemination approaches for public health decision makers: encyclopaedia and fire alarm. Choi, Bernard C. K.; Orlova, Anna; Marsh, Marsha; Issa, Nabil; Morrison, Howard // Journal of Epidemiology & Community Health;Aug2004, Vol. 58 Issue 8, p634
In this era of knowledge explosion, public health decision makers are overwhelmed by the amount of information available. Research findings and surveillance reports are published every day. Thus there is a need to summarise the information from research and surveillance for use in decision...
- Evidence-Based Public Health (Book). Ayres, Phil // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);5/24/2003, Vol. 326 Issue 7399, p1150
Reviews the non-fiction book "Evidence-Based Public Health," by Ross C. Brownson, Elizabeth A. Baker, Terry L. Leet, and Kathleen N. Gillespie.
- Evidence-based public health (Book). Jenicek, Milos // Journal of Epidemiology & Community Health;Jul2003, Vol. 57 Issue 7, p542
Reviews the book 'Evidence-Based Public Health,' by R.C. Brownson, E.A. Baker, T.I. Leet and K.N. Gillespie.
- Evidence-Based Public Health. Nagy, Stephen // American Journal of Health Behavior;Sep/Oct2004, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p472
Reviews the book "Evidence-Based Public Health," by Ross C. Brownson, Elizabeth A. Baker, Terry L. Leet, and Kathleen N. Gillespie.
- Evidence-Based Public Health (Book). Haughton, Betsy // Journal of Nutrition Education & Behavior;Mar/Apr2004, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p108
Reviews the book "Evidence-Based Public Health," by Ross C. Brownson, Elizabeth A. Baker, Terry L. Leet and Kathleen N. Gillespie.
- Estimation of Population Denominators for Public Health Studies at the Tract, Gender, and Age-Specific Level. Aickin, Mikel; Dunn, Clara N.; Flood, Timothy L. // American Journal of Public Health;Jul1991, Vol. 81 Issue 7, p918
In epidemiologic and public health studies of disease incidence in geographic subpopulations, attention is properly directed toward the ascertainment of accurate numerators. Population or person-years denominators are generally given less consideration, under the assumption that estimates...
- Public health's Promise for the Future: 1989 Presidential Address. Shannon, Iris S. // American Journal of Public Health;Aug1990, Vol. 80 Issue 8, p909
Public health's promise for the future is inextricably related to efforts which maximize human potential and which realize the world's interdependence. Public health challenges are not only constant and complex but frequently surrounded by political activities. In this environment, the public...
- Economics methods in Cochrane systematic reviews of health promotion and public health related interventions. Shemilt, Ian; Mugford, Miranda; Drummond, Michael; Eisenstein, Eric; Mallender, Jacqueline; McDaid, David; Vale, Luke; Walker, Damian // BMC Medical Research Methodology;2006, Vol. 6, p55
Background: Provision of evidence on costs alongside evidence on the effects of interventions can enhance the relevance of systematic reviews to decision-making. However, patterns of use of economics methods alongside systematic review remain unclear. Reviews of evidence on the effects of...