Cook-chill & the computer
- Kitchen Myths that Stand Between You and Better Eating. // Tufts University Health & Nutrition Letter;Mar2000, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p8
Presents six food and cooking myths. Green tint to a potato's skin; Pasta tastes better if salt is added to its cooking water; Keeping bread in the refrigerator.
- Hygiene products. // Food Manufacture;Jun97, Vol. 72 Issue 6, p60
Presents information on hygiene products in food handling. Names of the products; Benefits of utilizing the products; Way in which the products are to be used.
- Burger Food Safety. // Scholastic Choices;Mar2000, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p23
Presents a quiz the objective of which is to rate `Scholastic Choices' magazine readers on food handling and preparation.
- Meat Safety: The Heat Is On. Kuzemchak, Sally // Parenting;Aug2001, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p170
Presents information on using a thermometer when cooking meat and poultry to prevent food-borne illnesses. Suggested internal temperature for each cut of meat and poultry.
- FOOD SAFETY: LEFTOVERS. Gullon, Monica; Kelly, Rhea // Shape;Apr2005, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p158
Presents information on Home Food Safety, a consumer-education program established jointly by the American Dietetic Association and ConAgra Foods Foundation for the leftover food.
- The Science of Steak. Kita, Paul // Men's Health;Mar2011, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p74
The article presents step-by-step instructions for cooking steak and its side dishes.
- CHRISTMAS ENTERTAINING. // Australian Women's Weekly;Dec2006, Vol. 76 Issue 12, p54
The article offers step-by-step instructions for various cooking and food handling procedures.
- Food safety tips for cooking outdoors. // Asian Pacific Post;5/27/2010, p5
The article presents food safety tips for cooking outdoors.
- turnips. PRAG, ELLIOT // Vegetarian Times;Oct2011, Issue 388, p15
The article presents an overview of how to properly select and store turnips. A discussion of tips that consumers can use to prepare turnips for cooking and to cook turnips in unusual and/or creative ways, including braising with shallots and garlic, mashing with apples and pickling in a canning...