Cook-chill & the computer
- Kitchen Myths that Stand Between You and Better Eating. // Tufts University Health & Nutrition Letter;Mar2000, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p8
Presents six food and cooking myths. Green tint to a potato's skin; Pasta tastes better if salt is added to its cooking water; Keeping bread in the refrigerator.
- Hygiene products. // Food Manufacture;Jun97, Vol. 72 Issue 6, p60
Presents information on hygiene products in food handling. Names of the products; Benefits of utilizing the products; Way in which the products are to be used.
- Burger Food Safety. // Scholastic Choices;Mar2000, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p23
Presents a quiz the objective of which is to rate `Scholastic Choices' magazine readers on food handling and preparation.
- Meat Safety: The Heat Is On. Kuzemchak, Sally // Parenting;Aug2001, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p170
Presents information on using a thermometer when cooking meat and poultry to prevent food-borne illnesses. Suggested internal temperature for each cut of meat and poultry.
- CHRISTMAS ENTERTAINING. // Australian Women's Weekly;Dec2006, Vol. 76 Issue 12, p54
The article offers step-by-step instructions for various cooking and food handling procedures.
- Food safety tips for cooking outdoors. // Asian Pacific Post;5/27/2010, p5
The article presents food safety tips for cooking outdoors.
- turnips. PRAG, ELLIOT // Vegetarian Times;Oct2011, Issue 388, p15
The article presents an overview of how to properly select and store turnips. A discussion of tips that consumers can use to prepare turnips for cooking and to cook turnips in unusual and/or creative ways, including braising with shallots and garlic, mashing with apples and pickling in a canning...
- pattypan squash. PEAG, ELLIOT // Vegetarian Times;Jul/Aug2012, Issue 395, p14
No abstract available.
- LIMA BEANS. PARHAM, KATE // Vegetarian Times;Jun2013, Issue 403, p15
The article presents an overview of lima beans and presents information on how to select, store and prepare them properly along with recipe suggestions which feature lima beans.