- A menu 'regular'. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;10/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p136
Features popular turkey entrees at hospital food service facilities in the United States. Morrison Health Care residents' preference for homestyle turkey; Turkey barbecue and turkey chili at the Lehigh Valley Hospital in Allentown, Pennsylvania; Mary Washington Hospital's commitment to use only...
- For fans in any form. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;10/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p88
Deals with the popularity of turkey meat among hospitals and health care facilities in the United States. Recipe for ground turkey; Availability of turkey burgers; Soup salad.
- Thanksgiving year-round. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;10/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p54
Focuses on the turkey products offered by hospital cafeterias in the U.S. Information on the turkey dishes prepared by the food service operator at MetroHealth System in Cleveland, Ohio; Ways of cooking turkey meat; Types of turkey products preferred by hospital customers. INSET: CRANBERRIES...
- Asian Cuisine in America. // FoodService Director;7/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p39
The article focuses on the Asian cuisine that non-commercial foodservice operators offer to their customers. In the University of Notre Dame's South Dining Hall, a Mongolian barbecue range runs seven days a week. At Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York, food and beverage manager...
- Regional favorites win sales. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p128
Presents information on some of the most popular meats which are chosen to prepare breakfasts in the United States, highlighting the breakfasts prepared at the Providence Health Center, Waco, Texas. Reference to the burritos which are made at the facility; Costs of the burritos; Information on...
- IN LONG BEACH, CA: Hospital dishes lighten up for summertime. // FoodService Director;7/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p1
Reports on the changes in the Seaside Cafe menu at Long Beach Memorial Hospital in California to capitalize on customers who want lighter cold dishes and thirst-quenching beverages. Bottled beverages offered at the Cafe; Percentage of increase in beverage sales.
- Hospitals feeding patients healthier meals. // AHA News;04/14/97, Vol. 33 Issue 14, p5
Reveals that hospitals in the United States are offering healthier meals based on a survey by the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine.
- Hospitals should know better. Liebman, Bonnie // Nutrition Action Health Letter;Mar97, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p6
Presents the nutritional content of the meals served in hospitals. Caloric content; Average amount of cholesterol; Average amount of fiber.
- Adding local favorites to the nonselect menu makes for pleasant patient stays. // Nation's Restaurant News;1/15/96, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p18
Reports on the implementation of the nonselect menu for patients in the Baptist Health Systems, Little Rock, Arkansas. Advantages of the system; Method use to satisfy the patients in foodservice; Response of the patients to the system.