- 9. COFFEE: 9.5 Coffeehouses and Quick-service Outlets. // Beverages Market Research Handbook;2008, p100
Chapter 9.5 of the book "The 2008 Beverages Market Research Handbook" is presented, which offers information on coffeehouses and quick-service outlets. Coffeehouses are becoming an extension of leisure activities and are used as venues for business meetings. Many of these coffeehouses are using...
- The next platform in learning. Williams, Brent // BeanScene Magazine;Dec2015, Issue 42, p80
The author discusses the purpose of coffee championships hosted by the Australian Specialty Coffee Association (ASCA). Topics covered include the impetus provided by barista competitions for coffee drinkers, the support received by baristas from a cafe to help them on their journey and the type...
- Quality counts. Boughton, Ian // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;10/20/2005, Vol. 195 Issue 4396, p56
The article focuses on the quality of coffee offered by independent coffee suppliers to hotels, restaurants and caterers in Great Britain. Suppliers in the coffee trade lost hotel contracts due to changes in price of the product. NescafÃ© Coffee Co. introduced its roast-and-ground coffee which...
- Better latte than ever: Coffee players perked up over sales. Ruggless, Ron // Nation's Restaurant News;02/12/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p1
Reports on growth in the coffee sector of the food service industry in the United States in 2000. Increase in the number of coffee shops established throughout the country; Percentage of the American adult population who drinks coffee; Factors attributing to growth in such industry sector.
- BREWING STRONG. Volz, Matt // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);02/26/2001, Vol. 21 Issue 36, p23
Discusses the rapid growth of the specialty coffee industry in Louisiana. Stores opened by Starbucks Corp. in New Orleans; Expansion of PJ's Coffee & Tea Co. into Louisiana; Total number of coffee chain locations found in New Orleans; Factors behind the growth of the specialty coffee industry.
- THAT CAFFEINE FIX. Tasoulas, Mary Ann // Restaurant Business;09/01/2000, Vol. 99 Issue 17, p37
Provides an overview of the state of the coffeehouse market in the United States. Slowdown in the expansion of the coffeehouse business; Consolidation trend; Predicted increase in coffee consumption; Increasing popularity of coffee among young adults.
- HOW TO OPEN A COFFEE BAR. J. W. // Entrepreneur;Jul2011, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p34
The article presents advice on how to open a successful coffee bar, such as having a sound business plan, a suitable location, and good employees.
- ST. ALI COMPETE IN NORDIC ROASTERS CUP. // BeanScene Magazine;Oct2012, Issue 23, p14
The article offers information on the Nordic Roasters Cup, a competition related to the coffee industry that was held in Copenhagen, Denmark from August 8-10, 2012 and highlights that the coffeehouse St. ALi located in Melbourne, Victoria was the first Australian coffee company to participate in...
- Cappuccino colonises the first world. Burrows, Gideon // New Statesman;12/18/2000, Vol. 129 Issue 4517, p32
Reports on the status of the coffee chain industry in Great Britain as of December 18, 2000. Details on coffee-chain marketing; Support of the government for the coffee chains; Working conditions of the employees in the industry; Use and recycling of paper coffee cups.