Grains on the menu
- The side show. McCluskey // Restaurant Business;12/15/99, Vol. 98 Issue 24, p64
Focuses on the importance of side dishes in food service. Island-Style Wild Rice recipe; Side dish products including Lamb Weston Generation 7 Fries; Brew City Spicy Pub; Idaho Potato Commission wall chart with tips on preparation and frying of potato side dishes.
- Sides: The new main attraction. Fabricant, Florence // Nation's Restaurant News;11/7/94, Vol. 28 Issue 44, p47
Focuses on side dishes offered by food service operators in the United States. Oak-roasted free-range chicken offered with arugula, autumn vegetables, Chardonnay vinegar and a savory mushroom and sage bread pudding; Popularity of grains, beans and other starches with customers; Grilled shrimp...
- Dining specials cost less than a tank of gas. Katz, T. J. // Inside Tucson Business;6/9/2008, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p16
The article presents several choices for a cheaper meal in Tucson, Arizona. Fox Restaurant Concepts' Zinburger is featuring a daily happy hour between 4 p.m. and 7 p.m. during which all side dishes, draft beers and wine are half-price. At Bistro Philippe, its early bird special features dinner...
- FoodCapsule: A New Slant on Side Dishes. // FoodService Director;11/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p5
Presents a graph on the percentage of consumers who return to a food service unit because of the side dishes. Age of the consumers; Impact of side dish selections on choice of entrees.
- Eat. Gillies, John; Gargill, David // GQ: Gentlemen's Quarterly;Mar2006, Vol. 76 Issue 3, p160
The article presents information about the new-breed steak houses in the U. S. A new-breed steak house is date-friendly like the one in Las Vegas and Chicago. The menus that they serve has an accompanying side dishes. These new-breed steak houses also offered variety of sauce, butter, mustards...
- RESTAURANTS: GO, CONSIDER, STOP. Forbes, Steve // Forbes Global;7/4/2005, Vol. 8 Issue 12, p12
Presents information on several restaurants located in New York City. Menu offerings at Aquavit; Interior design of the Barolo restaurant; Side dishes being served at BLT Fish.
- Soups & Sides Go Big and Healthy. Stewart, Kimberly Lord // Prepared Foods;Mar2012, Vol. 181 Issue 3, p39
The article discusses the side dishes and soups segment of the U.S. prepared foods market. It predicts that food forecasters expect less emphasis on the center-of-the-plate proteins and more importance on vegetables and grains previously relegated to the perimeter. The article also mentions that...
- WHOLE GRAINS. // DSN Retailing Today;1/23/2006, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p18
The article reports that Knorr has created Lipton Sides line of both pasta and rice side dishes made with whole grains. The product provides one or more of the three whole-grain servings recommended per day by the United States Department of Agriculture food pyramid . Knorr presents four...
- Super Sides. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;3/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p38
This article looks at the interest of food service operators in the U.S. to use side dishes as sources of vitamins and minerals. According to the author, operators are using fresh vegetables, salad greens and grains to provide nutrition to their customers. She cites some restaurants and schools...