Spotlight on appetizers
- Sound bites. Marcus, Amanda // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;10/10/2002, Vol. 191 Issue 4243, p61
Reports the popularity of canapÃ©s among catering companies in Great Britain. Description of the dish; Reason for its popularity; Serving suggestions.
- Appetizers: Hors d'oeuvres, appetizers `star' on menus. // FoodService Director;08/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p70
Focuses on the growing popularity of hors d'oeuvres and appetizers among catering service operators in the United States. Comments from several caterers; Catering events provided by Westminster Village; Overview of Sodexho Marriott Service's Ovations program.
- LOTS OF FAMILIAR SOLUTIONS: VEGETARIAN CATERING. Berkoff, Nancy // FoodService Director;9/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p88
Presents tips on vegetarian catering. Types of vegetarian appetizers; How to make bread products; Preparation of desserts.
- SMART STARTERS. Wardle, Kelly // Special Events;Feb2006, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p52
Presents tips for planners on serving hors d'oeuvres during special events. Advantages of offering hors d'oeuvres at events; Techniques used by caterers in presenting their appetizers; Kinds of hors d'oeuvres preferred by clients.
- A few minutes withâ€¦. Dillard, B. // Fort Worth Business Press;9/25/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 39, p12
The article presents an interview with Ricki Epstein, a specialty caterer and event planner. She tells about her start in the catering business. Epstein also tells about her philosophy in business. When asked about the food she most enjoy creating, she selected hors d'oeuvres.
- Food Scene for 2015. // Special Events;Jan/Feb2015, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p41
The article reports on trends expected to dominate the catering and food service industry in 2015. Topics discussed include the caterers' expectation that cocktails and mini appetizers will be some of the more popular options in the catering business, the industry professionals' prediction that...
- 3 Easy Holiday Buffets. Moranville, Winifred // Better Homes & Gardens;Dec2005, Vol. 83 Issue 12, p201
Features the three easy buffets for holiday entertaining. Simplicity of preparing the White Cheddar Shortbread Sandwiches with Red Onion Marmalade for appetizer buffet; Tow ways for serving cranberries; List of some menus suitable for buffet.
- WARM RECEPTIONS. Landry, Christine // Special Events;Apr2008, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p41
The article looks at the menus of several caterers for wedding receptions. Bold American Catering sets up beverage stations beside dessert displays where alcohol and mixers are combined in a wok set in dry ice. Chef Charlie Giordano of Duvall Catering & Event Design cites the preference of some...
- OUR BACK PAGES. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;5/19/2005, Vol. 194 Issue 4375, p18
Recalls issues related to the hospitality industry in England published in the periodical "Caterer & Hotelkeeper" from 1891 to 1965. Refusal of a police magistrate to issue a licence to a victualler who will cater for the requirements of players and spectators at a football match;...