- Food for thought. // Essence (Essence);Jan1999, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p112
Notes the nutrient content of baked or broiled fish. Protein and low in fat; Eating fish for dinner twice a week.
- Should `eat fish' advice be thrown overboard? // Tufts University Diet & Nutrition Letter;Jun95, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p1
Focuses on the effects of eating fish on the prevention of heart disease. Results of the study by Harvard University researchers on the effects of eating fish on heart disease; Limitations of the study; Health effects of taking fish oil pills.
- Total and inorganic mercury in breast milk and blood in relation to fish consumption... Oskarrson, Agneta; Ohlin, Birgit // Archives of Environmental Health;May/Jun96, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p234
Investigates the source of mercury exposure among lactating women. Examination of the indicator media; Speciation of mercury in milk and blood; Postnatal exposures.
- Go fish! McCord, Holly; Yeykal, Teresa A. // Prevention;Jul94, Vol. 46 Issue 7, p52
Looks at a study which found that eating a small portion of fish every day may lower a person's risk of stroke. Article in the February 1994 issue of `Stroke'; Details.
- Go Fish. Maddocks, Susan A. // Heart & Soul;May2001, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p20
Reports on a study which showed that Alzheimer's patients who eat more fish are more successful in warding off the disease.
- Eating Real Food Delivers More Nutrients. L.B. // Natural Foods Merchandiser;Sep2004, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p32
Reports on studies from U.S. researchers supporting the health benefits of eating actual food. Role of fruits and vegetables in promoting heart and eye health and preventing cancer; Association between intake of fish and reduction in stroke risk; Health benefits of eating a combination of foods...
- Micronutrient Composition of 35 Food Fishes from India and Their Significance in Human Nutrition. Mohanty, Bimal; Sankar, T.; Ganguly, Satabdi; Mahanty, Arabinda; Anandan, R.; Chakraborty, Kajal; Paul, B.; Sarma, Debajit; Dayal, J.; Mathew, Suseela; Asha, K.; Mitra, Tandrima; Karunakaran, D.; Chanda, Soumen; Shahi, Neetu; Das, Puspita; Das, Partha; Akhtar, Md; Vijayagopal, P.; Sridhar, N. // Biological Trace Element Research;Dec2016, Vol. 174 Issue 2, p448
The micronutrients (vitamins and minerals) are required in small amounts but are essential for health, development, and growth. Micronutrient deficiencies, which affect over two billion people around the globe, are the leading cause of many ailments including mental retardation, preventable...
- A fish tale. Liebman, Bonnie // Nutrition Action Health Letter;May94, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p8
Discusses health benefits from fish oils. Dominance of fish in diets of Eskimos; Low heart attack incidence among Eskimos; Anti-clumping effect on platelets.
- On fish and defibrillators. E.B. // Medical Update;Mar98, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p5
Focuses on the use of defibrillators in the treatment of sudden death due to heart attacks and the importance of eating fish in preventing heart diseases. Importance of the defibrillators' availability to rescue teams, police and fire departments; Study reported in the `Journal of the American...