Weather cuts into non-citrus crop yields
- Ag-tourism: It's been here all along -- but now it's organized. McDaniels, Nevonne // Wenatchee Business Journal;Aug2002, Vol. 16 Issue 8, pA6
Focuses on the business performance of the fruit stand of businesswoman Helan Hauff. Availability of jams and jellies; Purchase of different fruit varieties; Benefits of farmer on the agricultural products. INSETS: How to succeed at ag-tourism;About the Association.
- What's hot and what's not. // Finance Week;4/29/2002, p45
Assesses the prizes of agricultural products in South Africa. Expectation of agricultural leaders in price reductions; Contribution of the fruit industry in the agricultural export growth; Potential of Cape Natural Tea products.
- GRAPEFRUIT FORECAST FLAT: Peach crop down 5%, spring bloom good. Thienpont, Chuck // FoodService Director;07/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p62
Presents forecasts on fruit production in the United States as of July 15, 2001. Statistics on peach crop; Factors that contributed to the decline in plum crop; Updates on citrus production.
- In the ol' orchard. Travaill�, Margueriette // Journal of Business (10756124);Oct/Nov2005 Supplement, Vol. 20, p56
Features Green Bluff, a farm and orchard area in the northeast of Spokane, Washington. Types of fruits planted in Hansen's Orchard; Popularity of the area among school children; Activities offered at Harvest House.
- PACA Trust Destroyed by Written Agreement Extending Payment Terms. Nathan, Bruce // Business Credit;Apr2008, Vol. 110 Issue 4, p46
The article offers information on the U.S. Perishable Agricultural Commodities Act (PACA), a statute which formulated special protections for sellers of fresh fruits and vegetables. It states that to become a beneficiary of PACA, a seller cannot give an extension of more than 30 days after the...
- Traceability: Formulation and Implementation of an Economic Efficient System in the Fruit and Vegetable Industry. Fonsah, Esendugue Greg // Choices: The Magazine of Food, Farm & Resource Issues;2006 4th Quarter, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p243
The article provides information on a study that aimed to develop economic efficient strategies of formulating and implementing traceability regulations in the fruit and vegetable industry. The factors that contributed to the formulation phase of an integrated traceability process in a farm firm...
- A Fruitful Trade. Robinson, Simon // Time International (Atlantic Edition);12/17/2007, Vol. 170 Issue 24, p64
The article discusses the agricultural exports of Afghanistan, focusing on pomegranates, one of the traditional crops grown there along with grapes and apricots. Decades of warfare have devastated the ancient trade routes and illicit opium poppy farming is more profitable, but Afghanistan's...
- Leading Off. Drotleff, Laura // American Fruit Grower;Sep/Oct2007, Vol. 127 Issue 9, p4
The article emphasizes the importance of advertising and marketing for fruit growers. The author describes implications of the lack of signage for a restaurant business. It discusses how fruit growers and farms can educate customers about locally grown fruit through advertising. It stresses the...
- A COOL Debate. Gordon, Rosemary O. // American Vegetable Grower;Sep2004, Vol. 52 Issue 9, p15
Discusses issues concerning the Country Of Origin Labeling law for agricultural products in the U.S. Reasons for the move of the United Fresh Fruit & Vegetable Association to call for a Congressional delay of the effective date for the labeling law; Purpose of the Food Promotion Act of 2004...