Govt. reviews commod. specs
- IRRADIATION WINS USDA APPROVAL. // National Provisioner;Aug2000, Vol. 214 Issue 8, p91
Reports that the United States Agriculture Department has approved the use of irradiation to reduce food-borne pathogens. Meat and poultry processors which have committed to testing and marketing electronically pasteurized products; Symbol labels on irradiated products must carry; Public...
- Meat safety standards finally enter 20th century, but still fail to protect. // Environmental Nutrition;Sep96, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p3
Reports on the US Department of Agriculture's announcement of the rules regarding meat safety system. E. coli outbreaks; Elements of the new system; Food handling safety.
- Steam pasteurization for beef wins USDA approval. // National Provisioner;Jan96, Vol. 210 Issue 1, p10
Reports on the United States Department of Agriculture's approval of the use of steam pasteurization as an anti-microbial treatment in the process of beef slaughter. Date process was approved; Development of the Steam Pasteurization system by Frigoscandia Equipment Group and Cargill...
- USDA research center targets food safety. // Prepared Foods;Jun98, Vol. 167 Issue 6, p109
Highlights the commitment of the United States Department of Agriculture's (USDA) Eastern Regional Research Center to food safety. Budget allocated for food safety research; Information on Food Pathogen Model of the USDA.
- Desiccant system improves production of pizza-topped bagels. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;05/17/99, Vol. 207 Issue 3, p9
Reports on Ore-Ida Foods Inc. Bagel Bites Division's installation of a desiccant system that helps improve the production of bagels and prevents contamination during the production process. Launch by the United States Department of Agriculture of its safety program in response to the 1993...
- USDA actions. Lynch, Lori // FoodReview;Jan-Mar91, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p35
Presents information on operational and regulatory changes implemented by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), which affect the status of food and nutrition in the United States (US). Information on illegal produce mailing from Hawaii; Approval of outdoor tests of potato plants...
- Still germinating: Organic certification. Chapman, Nancy // Prepared Foods;Feb98, Vol. 167 Issue 2, p35
Presents information pertaining to the relationship between operators and the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) in connection with the setting of national standards. Proposal of guidelines by the USDA for inspection and certification of operations which grow, process and or sell...
- TO ALIGN WITH PRIVATE SECTOR: USDA plans changes in commod. distrib. // FoodService Director;05/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p8
Reports on the implementation of the `Food Distribution 2000' project of the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA). Comment from Les Johnson of USDA on the program; Changes in the food industry; Organizations involved in the project.
- Commodities Alert. Salkin, Stephanie // FoodService Director;05/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p96
Presents news briefs about food industry & trade in the United States. Beef purchases of the United States Department of Agriculture from April to May 1999; Drop in the prices of chicken; Information on the Internet web site of the President's Council on Food Safety.