Still growing on-campus
- 54% AT UNIV.-NEW HAMPSHIRE: C-store boosts campus retail. // FoodService Director;7/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p5
Reports on the opening of the Philbrook Cafe, a cafe-convenience store, at the University of New Hampshire. Estimated sales per day of the cafe; National and in-house brands serving at the store; Cost Construction cost of the store; Features of the cafe-convenience store.
- Today's Special. // Fare Magazine;Jun/Jul2012, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p55
The article highlights the traffic growth for c-stores in colleges and universities as consumers are continuously snacking as well as a shifting of day-parts as reflected in the chicken category.
- MARKET MATTERS. // FoodService Director;2/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p6
Presents news briefs on the food industry in the U.S. as of February 15, 2003. Operational status of the convenience store, Village Store, at the University of San Diego in California; Popularity of vegetarian foods among college students; Foodservice management contract signed by Tiffin...
- Vanderbilt's Mega C-Store. // FoodService Director;11/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p16
Features the Varsity Beach--A Munchi Mart, a late-night convenience store with mini foodcourt and a coffeehouse at the Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tennessee. Schedule of operations; Number of customers daily; Late-night snacking options; Food and non-food items; Prices of items;...
- THE CONVENIENCE FACTOR. // FoodService Director;6/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p42
Reports on the food takeout service offered by Ball State University in Munice, Indiana to students. Categories of take-out meals; Estimated sales of one of the university's convenience stores annually; Information on the university's scatter-system eatery called The Marketplace.
- Catering for Profit. Fleenor, D. Gail // Convenience Store News;10/22/2007, Vol. 43 Issue 13, p119
The article informs about catering as the best food service program by which convenience stores can build up their sales and profits. It is informed that college towns or business district locations can hike food-service sales with catering. Stores can create a successful catering business by...
- CAPITALIZING ON `WILLING, REACHABLE' CUSTOMERS: Campus c-stores nearing market saturation. // FoodService Director;07/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p18
Reports that almost all colleges and universities in North America have convenience stores, according to a survey by Cini-Little International Incorporated. Reasons for providing convenience stores in campuses; Factors that enhance the convenience aspect of the store operations; Inventory of...
- Campuses Put More in Store. // FoodService Director;6/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p24
This article reports on the rise of sales at campus convenience stores, according to a Campus C-Store Study by the FoodService Director. Campus food service directors often have other factors in mind when opening c-stores, such as meeting students' needs for prepared meals they can take back to...
- More in Store. // FoodService Director;8/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p16
Discusses the trend toward campus-based convenience stores in colleges and universities in the U.S. in August 2005. Performance of campus-based convenience stores (c-stores) in 2004; Expansion plans of the California State University in San Bernardino, California, for their c-stores; Update on...