Compass opens new StopGap c-store concept
- Compass plots Amigo growth. // In-Store;Jun2003, p7
Reports that Compass Group PLC, owner of the Upper Crust and Harry Ramsden brands, is redeveloping its Amigo global convenience store chain with Lumsden Design Partnership.
- Compass to trial motorway stores. Walker, Ben // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;12/12/2002, Vol. 191 Issue 4252, p5
Reports on the plan of Compass to pilot convenience stores at its Moto motorway service areas in England. Retail partner for the convenience store; Information on the company's plan to sell its Travelodge and Little Chef chains.
- Compass pushes StopGap. // FoodService Director;03/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p26
Reports the successful canteen relaunch of StopGap and StopGap Express, a retail convenience store reinvented by Compass Group, in September 1998. Target marketplace of StopGap; Selection of dishes offered by the food service; Comments from Mike Kiser, vice president of merchandising for the...
- Compass Group USA unveils Chartwells. // Nation's Restaurant News;03/31/97, Vol. 31 Issue 13, p84
Discloses Compass Group USA's launch of Chartwells, the `brand' name for its college and university accounts around the world. Adoption by the United States of Chartwells outside Great Britain; Replacement of identity of Canteen and PFM; Appointment of Carl Marsalis to head the Chartwells division.
- Contractors to focus on margin-growth. // FoodService Director;2/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p2
Reports on Compass Group PLC's decision to focus on margin growth in all of its geographic divisions. Comments from Compass Group CEO Francis Mackay; Results of a study on the catering business in Great Britain.
- BY IMPLEMENTING ZELUS PROGRAM: Compass 'purchases' savings. // FoodService Director;12/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p20
Reports on the implementation of the Zelus purchasing program at Compass Group as of December 2002. Mechanics of the program; Number of dining services that use Zelus.
- Top-level changes at Compass, NA. // FoodService Director;01/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p16
Focuses on the appointment of executives at the North American Division of Compass Group PLC. Names of appointees; Changes in the firm's organizational structure.
- Where is Compass Group heading? King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;03/02/98, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p77
Features contract foodservice company, Compass Group USA. Start of the firm in May 1994; Use of acquisitions to solidify position in the industry; Success of attempt to `brand' operating divisions with separate identities.
- Technology. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;03/02/98, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p107
Explains how Compass Group USA upgraded its technology to meet its needs in the 21st century. Automation of functions within individual accounts; Review of business practices; Replacement for the central office system.