Senior Lifestyle develops automat format to cut costs
- Senior Suites steps back in time to give residents cool meal option. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;4/28/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 17, p26
Focuses on the low-cost foodservice initiative developed by William Kaplan, chairman of Senior Lifestyle Corp., aimed at improving the company's venture in Chicago, Illinois. Importance of cost cutting; Adoption of the Automat concept; Contributions of Kaplan to the company's success.
- Q & A. Stribling, Dees // National Real Estate Investor;Feb2007, Vol. 49 Issue 2, p11
The article presents an interview with William B. Kaplan, the chairman and chief executive officer of Senior Lifestyle Corp. When asked about why his company diversified into affordable and middle-market product, he refers it morely as by accident rather than a design. Richard M. Daley asked him...
- Upping the Culinary Ante. // FoodService Director;2/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p4
The article reports on the Institute of Hospitality, a five-day training program for food service employees started by community retirement company Senior Lifestyle Corp (SLC) held at the U.S. Foodservice in Chicago, Illinois in August 2009. The program which is open to food and beverage...
- Dining for Wellness. // FoodService Director;12/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p37
The article focuses on the Dining for Wellness program launched by David Koelling, corporate director of hospitality service for Senior Lifestyle Corp., in an effort to influence residents in the company's 50 U.S. communities toward healthy food options. He decided to focus on education about an...
- Menus. // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);8/29/2013, Vol. 24 Issue 35, p4
A list of menus to be served in senior facilities and school districts in Texas is presented including Donkey County Senior Citizens, Hedley Senior Citizens and Clarendon independent school district (ISD).
- Serving up fresh, local food. Gaines, Robin // Nursing Homes: Long Term Care Management;Aug2006, Vol. 55 Issue 8, p57
The article looks at the significance of implementing a food-buying program and building a state-of-the-art-kitchen for the Bartels Lutheran Retirement Community in Waverly, Iowa. The project of the University of Northern Iowa provides a weekly list of local farmers and vendors selling fresh...
- A DINING RENAISSANCE: Family-style suits Erickson residents. // FoodService Director;3/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p10
Reports on the launching of a dining program at the Renaissance Gardens healthcare facility, a retirement community in Brooksby Village, Peabody, Massachusetts. Description of the dining program at Renaissance Gardens; Goal of the introduction of a dining program; Features of the dining...
- Senior Lifestyle Corporation. // National Real Estate Investor;1998 Source Book, Vol. 39 Issue 13, p29
Profiles William B. Kaplan, the chairman and chief executive officer of Senior Lifestyle Management Corp. Kaplan's motivation in co-founding the company; Career history; Senior Lifestyle's activities in the real estate business; Kaplan's awards and accomplishments.
- Tudor Heights. Zaslow, Sherri // Baltimore Jewish Times;1/31/2014 Supplement, p35
The article offers information on the assisted living and memory care community centre Tudor Heights located in Pikesville, Maryland managed by family owned company Senior Lifestyle Corp. which also serves as a leading community resource for those affected by Alzheimer's and Parkinson's disease.