Design costs could jump
- Speech code. Henderson, Rick // Reason;Mar95, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p10
Reports that the New Jersey Supreme Court has allowed the distribution of leaflets in many large commercial buildings.
- Detroit code changes aimed at buildings' blight. Ankeny, Robert // Crain's Detroit Business;4/29/96, Vol. 12 Issue 18, p39
States that the amendments which was proposed to the Detroit's city code would give the city more influence in the controlling of owners of vacant or near vacant commercial buildings downtown. Comments from John Mogk, law professor at Wayne State University; Suggestions made by the task force;...
- California Commercial Standards Finalized. // Pool & Spa News;2/24/2012, p20
The article offers information on the finalization of the commercial building code which includes, input from the state's pool and spa industry by the California Department of Public Health.
- Buzzing at HBAM. DONATO, LINDA // Massbuilder;2009 4th Quarter, p6
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including one by Harry Smith on the upcoming release of the 8th Edition commercial building code and another by Mel Fink on the issue of cap and trade energy controls.
- Ruling puts lawful use under scrutiny. FRASER, VINCENT // Planning (14672073);11/30/2012, Issue 1948, p31
The article discusses the case on planning permission provision that concerned units owned by the Peel Holdings PLC in Lancashire, England.
- Building Codes Can Act As Loss Control Tools. Ryland, Harvey G. // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;08/07/2000, Vol. 104 Issue 32, p22
Focuses on the role of building codes in controlling loss. Benefits of building codes; Factors that influence the changes in building codes; Retrofit measures for commercial buildings.
- Empty site, empty wallet. Williams, Roger // Motor Transport;11/13/2008, p11
The author reflects on the empty rate rules in Great Britain where empty warehouses have been liable for empty property rates at the same rate as if they were in use. The author states that new empty rate rules is just another tax raising move. The author infers that the new legislation not only...
- TELLING TALL TALES. Stirling, Nigel // Estates Gazette;5/31/2008, Issue 821, p100
The article talks about the lack of clear, defined policy on tall buildings in Dublin, Ireland. Famous for its low-rise Georgian architecture, Dublin's tallest buildings have been traditionally restricted to the area eastwards towards the mouth of the River Liffey, and Dublin Port around the...
- Einzelhandel nicht per B-Plan begrenzen. // Lebensmittel Zeitung;6/7/2013, Issue 23, p028
A verdict from the Oberverwaltungsgericht LÃ¼neburg administrative court of Germany concerning the building of commercial buildings is offered.