Open-door policy OK'd
- PROST! Hoekstra, Joel // Minnesota Monthly;Oct2012, Vol. 46 Issue 10, p16
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various topics within the issue, including recommendations on best food service establishments in Minnesota, food and drink criticism, and the legacy of American senator Paul Wellstone and his wife Sheila, dead in a plane crash in 2002.
- Senator speaks on medical devices. // Plastics News;6/9/1997, Vol. 9 Issue 15, p28
Reports that Senator Paul Wellstone Democratic-Minnesota, a member of the Senate Labor and Humans Resources Committee, will probably expand the limited trial of third-party approval. Citing excerpts from a speech made by Wellstone at the Medical Device Manufacture Association on May 16, 1997;...
- Maverick Senator Paul Wellstone comes to Washington to raise hell--and George Bush's hackles. Grogan, D.; Podesta, J.S. // People;2/18/91, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p44
Profiles Paul Wellstone, 46, the freshman senator from Minnesota. The Democrat is outspoken in his opposition to the Persian Gulf War, and is already known in Washington for his unorthodox politics and style. Background; Career; Personal life.
- Crashing the capitol club. Clift, E.; McCormick, J. // Newsweek;1/14/1991, Vol. 117 Issue 2, p26
Describes the cage-rattling newly elected Minnesota Democrat, Paul Wellstone has done in Washington, D.C. to express the anti-war stance of Minnesota constituents. How he violated receiving-line protocol, angered Vietnam vets and snubbed his state's senior senator; Comments by friends and...
- Under the Senate's skin. Rosellini, L. // U.S. News & World Report;6/24/91, Vol. 110 Issue 24, p33
Profiles Paul Wellstone, U.S. senator of Minnesota, and president of Americans for Democratic Action. Brief background on Wellstone; How his outspoken persona offends people; Wellstone's unflagging opposition to the Persian Gulf War; His family background; How he embodies America's favorite...
- Dan Quayle. // U.S. News & World Report;1/14/91, Vol. 110 Issue 1, p16
Comments on the swearing in of Senator Paul Wellstone (Dem.-Minn.) who presented Vice President Dan Quayle with a tape from a Minnesota town meeting and held a press conference denouncing war in the gulf.
- Congressional quote of the month. // NEA Today;Sep95, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p6
Presents a quotation from the United States Senator Paul Wellstone's speech.
- A star's crash-landing. // Newsweek;3/25/1991, Vol. 117 Issue 12, p39
Describes the decrease in newly elected Minnesota Democratic Senator Paul Wellstone's popularity due to his stance on the Persian Gulf war. He has received phone calls threatening his health and safety. How he is accustomed to being pilloried for his views.
- Sen. Paul Wellstone Remembered. Roth, Carole // ASHA Leader;11/19/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 21, p3
Focuses on the life and works of senator Paul Wellstone in the U.S. Interest of Wellstone on the importance of health care coverage for speech, language and audiology services; Accomplishments of the senator; Views of Wellstone on educational initiatives.