New rules take on worry of 'undercooked' eggs
- Industry finds that teamwork with new committees yields most beneficial results. // Nation's Restaurant News;04/06/98, Vol. 32 Issue 14, p31
Editorial. Calls on the government and the restaurant industry in the United States to cooperate on the issue of crafting regulations on food handling. Teamwork between the California Retail Food Facilities Law committee and the Food Safety Enhancement Awareness Committee of Washington state;...
- Washington restaurateurs back mandated certification tests. Liddle, Alan // Nation's Restaurant News;2/20/95, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p3
Reports on Restaurant Association of the State of Washington (RASW) officials' support for government-mandated certification for food handlers. Growing number of food-borne illnesses as association's rationale for supporting certification; Opposing view; Preparations by some RASW members to...
- Warning: dodgy sampling by EHOs could land you in court. Whitworth, Mick // Food Manufacture;May2000, Vol. 75 Issue 5, p14
Reports on food safety consultant Slim Dinsdale's warning to food manufacturers in Great Britain to understand fully the sampling techniques used by environmental health officers to avoid contamination of samples. Importance of familiarity with Code of Practice No. 7 on Sampling for Analysis...
- CRITICS CALL FOR ONE FOOD AGENCY: USDA defends its HACCP food safety inspection svc. // FoodService Director;11/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p20
Reports on the campaign to defend the food safety inspection efforts of the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA). Criticism on the Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) rules for inspection of raw meat and poultry; Alleged inconsistency of the federal government on the...
- Organic Legislation. // Dairy Field;Apr2000, Vol. 183 Issue 4, p8
Reports on the United States Department of Agriculture's revision of a proposal for regulating organic food production and handling. Response of the organic food industry to the revisions; Current certification of organic food; Differences of the revised proposal to the original draft.
- Tired of takeout? Hire your own chef. Bertagnoli, Lisa // Crain's Chicago Business;03/19/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p30
Highlights the trend of employing personal chef in the United States. Affordability of the rates of personal chef; Number of personal chief in the country; Requirement of health laws for food-handling licenses.
- Health, nutrition , information, and public policy. Nayga Jr., Rodolfo // American Journal of Agricultural Economics;Dec96, Vol. 78 Issue 5, p1391
Presents abstracts of papers that emphasizes health claims to market food products and food safety laws. `Health-Claim Information and Consumer Awareness of Diet-Disease Relationships,' by Alan S. Levy, Mario F. Teisl and others; `Valuing Nutrition Information Results from a Willingness-to-Pay...
- Crab Processor Shut Down For Sanitary Violations. Henkel, John // FDA Consumer;Sep/Oct98, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p38
Reports on the closure of May's Seafood of New Orleans, Louisiana, resulting from repeated summons for filthy processing conditions, until a comprehensive food safety system is put in place and the facility is cleaned. Consent decree of permanent injunction against restaurant owners Henry...
- Food safety. // South Asian Post;5/26/2011, p21
The article reports on the conviction of 106 people in 61 cases involving food safety violation by the courts in China.