James Madison foodcourt focuses on fresh cooking
- 100 Customers Daily: JMU offers upscale option. // FoodService Director;02/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p12
Offers a look at the dining option offered by the Madison Grill, a bistro at James Madison University in Harrisonburg, Virginia. Location of the bistro; Comments from chef Steve Mangan; Ambiance in the bistro; Other functions of the bistro.
- Nurturing young Black men. Roach, Ronald // Black Issues in Higher Education;11/27/97, Vol. 14 Issue 20, p26
Highlights James Madison University (JMU) in Virginia, with emphasis on their achievement of having African Americans as head coaches of its football and basketball teams. Names of coaches hired by JMU; History relating to Black coaches; Background information on JMU.
- James Madison University. Saarela, Emily N. // Grounds Maintenance;Jul97, Vol. 32 Issue 7, pC 36
Features James Madison University in Harrisonburg, Virginia, the winner of the 1997 Professional Grounds Maintenance Awards. History of the university; Comprehensive guidelines for trees, turf management, flower beds and shrubs; Planning for the future.
- Students snag chance to probe 'Camp Misery'. Rowland, Tim; Rowland, Elizabeth // America's Civil War;Mar2011, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p7
The article reports on the opportunity grabbed by the students and researchers from James Madison University in examining "Camp Misery" in Virginia.
- With Sodexho Marriott, ACF: James Madison Univ. host chef competitions. // FoodService Director;01/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p5
Highlights the cooking competitions held at James Madison University in Harrisonburg, Virginia. Presentation categories of the Sodexho Marriott Services' Chef Association Competition; Sections of the contest held by the American Culinary Federation.
- Hot food contests on campus. // FoodService Director;11/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p32
Announces the holding of the first annual Shenandoah Valley Hot Food Competition at James Madison University, a Sodexho Marriott Services account in Harrisburg, Virginia.
- Lesbian and gay art criticized at college. Ocamb, Karen // Lesbian News;Mar96, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p37
Reports from Harrisonburg, Virginia, that Charles Cunningham of the James Madison University board of visitors said on-campus gay and lesbian art exhibit courses on the writings of homosexual authors are of questionable merit. His comments.
- Physics at James Madison University gets a new life. Cioffi, Denis F. // Physics Today;Oct95, Vol. 48 Issue 10, p57
Reports on the decision of the James Madison University in Harrisonburg, Virginia to withdraw from its decision to abolish the physics department and its faculty. University's plan to restructure its physics curricula.
- On a Vision to Educating Students in Sustainability and Design-The James Madison University School of Engineering Approach. Nagel, Robert L.; Pappas, Eric C.; Pierrakos, Olga // Sustainability (2071-1050);Mar2012, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p72
In order for our future engineers to be able to work toward a sustainable future, they must be versed not only in sustainable engineering but also in engineering design. An engineering education must train our future engineers to think flexibly and to be adaptive, as it is unlikely that their...