FL elem. reading links nutrition
- Learning to Read in Kindergarten: Has Curriculum Development Bypassed The Controversies? Joyce, Bruce; Hrycauk, Marilyn; Calhoun, Emily // Phi Delta Kappan;Oct2003, Vol. 85 Issue 2, p126
Reports the outcome of a reading curriculum project geared toward kindergarten students in the Northern Lights School Division in Alberta. Conceptualization of the project; Background on the school district; Categories of studies on developments in literacy processes; Components of the action...
- Building a Culture of Reading. Makatche, Kathryn; Oberlin, Jessica Urick // School Library Monthly;Dec2011, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p12
The article discusses the importance of participation of the entire school community in building a culture of reading. It states that the whole community must be on board with books to be successful. It highlights the effort of the librarians at Warrior Run School District (WRSD) in Pennsylvania...
- Spartenburg's SPIRIT Serves Adult Patrons. // School Library Journal;Oct84, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p86
Focuses on the Serving People in Reading in Three project of the Spartenburg, South Carolina School District Three. Opening of school libraries to the general public; Promotion of reading in the home; Problem concerning the high rate of functional illiteracy in the country and the state.
- Beaufort County schools raise participation 10-12%. // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p12
States that the Beaufort County School District in Beaufort, South Carolina have increased its participation at secondary level since the introduction of a corporate iamage as `Sea Island Foods,' program. Information on the program; Expectations of the company; Increase in the number of...
- How school f/s is performing. // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p90
Comments on the performance of foodservice operations in the United States, focusing on the increase in the total food service expenditures for 100 top school districts in 1996, while highlighting the Foodservice Director's 1996 Performance Report. Comparison of figures attained in 1996 to that...
- Summer Food Program. // Malakoff News (TX);5/ 4/2012, Vol. 103 Issue 16, p14A
The article reports on the participation of Malakoff Independent School District (ISD) in Malakoff, Texas in the Summer Food Service Program, in which all children 18 years old and under will given meals for free.
- FOR PURCHASING ADVANTAGE: Cal. schools broaden scope. // FoodService Director;3/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p15
Reports on the food service at the Torrance Unified School District in Torrance, California. Changes in the management of the food service; Benefits of the use of government commodities; Terms on the government cooperation.
- PUTTING IMAGINATION TO WORK: Utah schools raise participation with taste-tests, remodels, games. Riell, Howard // FoodService Director;3/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p38
Reports on the food service at Nebo School District in Spanish Fork, Utah. Strategies used by the cafes to improve participation; Goals of food service supervisor Bill Vest; Quality services offered by the cafes.
- Calif. school district intros snack items. // FoodService Director;10/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p6
Reports that during fall 1997 a low food-cost high-profit snack item called `ranch and roll' debuted in the Glendale Unified School District in La Crescent, California. Features of `ranch and roll'; Comments made by food service director Rick DeBurg; Details on the availability of `ranch and roll.'