San Francisco school dist. targets 7% particip. gain
- IN LOUISIANA DIST.: Summer poses labor shortage. // FoodService Director;07/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p1
Reports on how the East Baton Rouge School District in Louisiana has braced for a sudden increase in summer feeding volume. Reason for the increase in the number of students attending summer school in 2000; District's problem with the shortage of food service workers.
- GLENDALE SCHOOLS KEEP MEALS LIVELY. // FoodService Director;10/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p6
Reports on the Hard Hat program launched by the food service operator at Glendale Unified School District in California during the renovation of kitchens in several of its elementary schools, as of October 2003. Reason behind the program; Food items to be provided by the program.
- Floresville invites meal applications. // Wilson County News;3/26/2014, p3E
The article reports on free and reduced-price meals for students offered by the Floresville Independent School District (ISD) of Texas and mentions that the ISD solicits meal applications for children in one household, as of March 2014.
- FOOD for thought. // Weekly Reader News - Senior;9/12/2003, Vol. 82 Issue 3, p2
Focuses on the incorporation of nutritional foods in school cafeterias to address the problem of obesity among school children in the U.S. Other factors that contribute to obesity; Measures taken by several school districts in the U.S. to promote health; Information on the proposed school lunch...
- School Lunches Improve. // Good Medicine;Winter2007, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p14
The article reports on the findings of the fifth School Lunch Report Card conducted by the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine which grades the major school districts in the U.S. on the healthfulness of the food they serve and on how well they are promoting the benefits of healthy...
- Berkeley Opens New Central Kitchen. // Food Management;Sep2008, Vol. 43 Issue 9, p18
The article offers information on the King Dining Commons project implemented by Berkeley Unified School District in California. According to the author, the $8.7 million new kitchen facility is situated in a 14,000 square feet area wherein it will serve approximately 3,000 hot lunches and 8,000...
- Castle Rock milks it. // FoodService Director;1/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p1
The article reports that since the foodservice department started serving milk in 10-ounce bottles, meal participation has increased in middle and high schools in the Douglas County School District in Colorado. Favorite flavors are listed. The cost to the school per bottle is provided.
- As Economy Falters, Meal Counts Rise. // FoodService Director;1/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p1
The article reports an increase in the number of students participating in school meal programs in the U.S., according to a report released by the School Nutrition Association. The survey analyzed data from 137 school districts across the country. The survey found that overall meal participation...
- A Healthy Transformation. // FoodService Director;10/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p10
The article deals with the changes made in the food service department of the Montrose Country School District in Colorado under the guidance of Nutrition Service Director Kathy DelTonto to ensure that the meals students received are nutritious. Del Tonto stated that one of the goals of the...