Duke launches Mean Gene's unit
- A+ in nutrition. Howard, Beth // Shape;Jun97, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p26
Reports that Duke University ranked first on healthful campus food, according to a survey by the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine. Duke's low-fat, low-cholesterol fare; Low-ranking of West Point.
- Duke strikes it big with marketplace concept. // FoodService Director;3/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 3, JumpStart News p5
Reports on the success of Durham, North Carolina-based Duke University's marketplace concept for its food service business. Establishment of the open-air food court on campus; Concept attractions; Concept's focus on variety; Emphasis on employee training.
- Duke Dining Prohibits Polystyrene. // FoodService Director;5/15/2014, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p22
The article reports on the banning of polystyrene foam from all Duke University dining locations.
- Duke seeks proposals for foodservice facilities. // Nation's Restaurant News;08/25/97, Vol. 31 Issue 34, p34
Focuses on the request for proposals issued by the Duke University Health System in Durham, North Carolina to contract companies to manage foodservice at its Duke Center for Living and the Duke Diet and Fitness Center.
- MCDONALD'S RIGHT NEXT DOOR: Duke's Grill benefits from QSR unit. // FoodService Director;06/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p6
Discusses how traffic and sales at the Armadillo Grill in the Bryan Center of Duke University in Durham, North Carolina, have increased since McDonald's opened next to it in spring 2000. Foods served at the restaurant; Comments from Jim Wulforst, director of dining services.
- Duke U. opens Alpine Bagels. // FoodService Director;09/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p2
Reports on the opening of an Alpine Bagels and Brews franchise at the Cambridge Inn of the Duke University West Union building in Durham, California on August 26, 1998. Rationale behind the move; Menu features and selections.
- Duke 'notches up' Retail. Hirschfeld, Jeff // FoodService Director;11/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p60
Reports on the efforts of Dining Services Director Jim Wulforst to improve foodservice operations at Duke University in Durham, North Carolina. Aim to boost profitability; Merchant on Points program; Cost-control measures; Privatization of several satellite operations; Concepts introduced to...
- NEWS. // FoodService Director;7/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p6
The article presents updates on the food service industry in the U.S. Duke University chose Compass Group to manage a portion of the university's foodservice business in Durham, North Carolina. The nomination for the 2007 Foodservice Achievement Management Excellence Awards for school...
- Duke sets the PACE. Alexis, Jennifer // FoodService Director;1/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p24
Discusses the implementation of the Performance Assessment for Culinary Excellence at the food service department of Duke University in Durham, North Carolina. Significance of food service provider evaluation systems and performance ratings; Aspects of the dining experience and food service...