Look before you leap into rebranding
- Buyers seek fresh looks, values. // Furniture/Today;10/22/2011, Vol. 36 Issue 8, p1
The article discusses how U.S. furniture industry retailers are trying to attract consumers with fresh looks and even better values. As reported, buyers will split their time between finding the type of exclusive deals that draw consumers and shopping for step-up goods to satisfy them who are...
- GOOD WEEK BAD WEEK. // Cabinet Maker;10/21/2005, Issue 5461, p35
Presents trends and developments affecting the furniture industry in Great Britain. Assessment of the study conducted by Brunel University researchers that men are genetically programmed to be the best shoppers; Details of the ugly furniture contest conducted by Keep America Beautiful Committee.
- Opposites attract. de Melim, Richard // Cabinet Maker;4/20/2004, Issue 5386, p12
Focuses on issues related to the design and construction of furniture and other house furnishings in the furniture industry in Great Britain. Acceptance of the fusion trend in styles and colors previously considered to clash; Influence of consumer behavior on the move of the furniture industry...
- Designers: Can you feel the love? Ray // Furniture/Today;11/19/2007, Vol. 32 Issue 11, p2
The article presents the author's views on the significant role of furniture designers. He stresses the paying of more attention to designers for their long-standing relationships with affluent consumers. The author also shares several furniture companies which have hired designers who possess...
- Sweet Chairity auction slated Oct. 7 in S.F. // Furniture/Today;10/4/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p8
Reports on an auction at Sweet Chairity on October 7, 2004 at the San Francisco Design Center. Sponsor of the auction; Interior designers who participated in the program; Furniture designs.
- Shop the World. Jeffrey L. Portman Sr. // Home Accents Today;Dec2013, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p44
The article offers the author's insights regarding the design, innovation, and fashion in the furniture and decorations industry.
- A Moment With…MICHAEL PAYNE. Graves, Pamela // Home Fashion & Furniture Trends;Apr2009, p16
The article features interior designer Michael Payne. He shares his idea of good furniture design. He notes that he loves bold colors and recommends vibrant colors for spring season. Various furniture designs and brands credited to Payne are cited, including the Johnston Casuals Furniture and...
- Why do shoppers go out-of-town? // Cabinet Maker;10/26/2007, Issue 5561, p28
The article reports on the findings of the "Cabinet Maker" market survey regarding consumers of furniture at a retail environment in Great Britain. The respondent consumers revealed that they visit an out-of-town retail park because of the wide choice of stores and the chance to make a furniture...
- Keen to connect. // Cabinet Maker;1/21/2005, Issue 5422, p99
This article reports that understanding the customer is the key to success for all furniture retailers, irrespective of the sector in which they operate or the geographical location of their outlets. Consumers are frustrated with flaws in traditional shopping methods. Difficulty in locating...