- Shape your shipping system to realize savings. Colabello, Vince // Automatic I.D. News;Oct98, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p48
Discusses the importance of improving the shipping system to strengthen an organization's supply chain. Impact of transportation management systems (TMS); Conflicting goals; Ways for generating savings; Technologies that improve transportation; TMS benefits. INSET: NY/NJ Port Authority renews...
- China's security challenge. Atkinson, Helen // JoC Week;4/15/2002, Vol. 3 Issue 15, p20
Reports that shippers moving goods from inland ports in China are facing problems in ensuring that their shipments are secure from terrorism. Problems to shippers because of geographic dispersion of the Chinese manufacturing sector; Challenges to shippers because of lengthening of supply...
- Beyond Sinotrans: China's Distribution Infrastructure. Gates, Robert // China Business Review;Jul/Aug2001, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p14
Assesses the distribution infrastructure in China. National distribution services by China National Foreign Trade Transportation Corp.; Companies involved in rail cargo transport; Prediction on the air cargo sector. INSET: The Express Courier Market Shapes Up.
- Owning Solutions. Page, Paul // Traffic World;11/17/2003, Vol. 267 Issue 46, p4
Points out that logistics professionals looking for the source of their troubles as they address such concerns as infrastructure and competition should look no further than themselves. Need for the chief executives and other leaders of corporate America to voice out their concerns to Congress...
- TW Calendar. // Traffic World;11/17/2003, Vol. 267 Issue 46, p51
Presents a calendar of events involving the transportation and logistics industry from November 15, 2003 to March 26, 2004. Annual Membership Meeting and Intermodal Expo of the Intermodal Association of North America; Annual meeting of the National Industrial Transportation League; National...
- Are 'Imaged' Documents Enough? Barrett, Colin // Traffic World;11/17/2003, Vol. 267 Issue 46, p54
Answers questions which are relevant to the transportation and logistics industry. Question on whether the archiving of imaged freight bills in a company engaged in the freight bill payment processing business; Cargo liability insurance requirements in Mexico.
- South America: Proceed with care. BURNSON, PATRICK // Logistics Management;Aug2013, Vol. 52 Issue 8, p62
The article offers advise to logistics managers before entering the South America marketplace. It urges logistics managers to do a very careful examination of the region's transportation and regulatory infrastructure. It also explores the relative strengths and weaknesses of the transport...
- Respondent Profile. // Canadian Transportation & Logistics;Aug2005, Vol. 108 Issue 8, p36
Presents the respondent profile for participants of the fourth annual Shipper's Choice Awards survey of the "Canadian Transportation and Logistics" magazine. Annual sales; Annual supply chain budget; Percentage spent on transportation.
- TMS gaining altitude. MCCREA, BRIDGET // Logistics Management;Jan2031, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p36
The article looks at issues concerning the transportation management systems (TMS) market in the U.S. Several factors contributing growth to the TMS market are cited. One of which is the increased desire of shippers for supply chain optimization and visibility. In 2012, the total number of...