- Shop the World. Jeffrey L. Portman Sr. // Home Accents Today;Dec2013, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p44
The article offers the author's insights regarding the design, innovation, and fashion in the furniture and decorations industry.
- Sweet Chairity auction slated Oct. 7 in S.F. // Furniture/Today;10/4/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p8
Reports on an auction at Sweet Chairity on October 7, 2004 at the San Francisco Design Center. Sponsor of the auction; Interior designers who participated in the program; Furniture designs.
- A Moment With…MICHAEL PAYNE. Graves, Pamela // Home Fashion & Furniture Trends;Apr2009, p16
The article features interior designer Michael Payne. He shares his idea of good furniture design. He notes that he loves bold colors and recommends vibrant colors for spring season. Various furniture designs and brands credited to Payne are cited, including the Johnston Casuals Furniture and...
- Talent across nations. // Cabinet Maker;3/12/2004, Issue 5379, p16
Highlights the Designers Forum featuring furniture design talents held at the International Furniture Fair in Singapore in March 2004. Discussion of insights into the approach to their products; Presentation of trends in designing.
- Entertainment centers: Hooray for flat-panel TVs! Thomas, Larry // Furniture/Today;9/25/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p16
The article reports on the impact of the demand and popularity of flat-panel televisions on the furniture industry in the U.S. Because of the decline of prices of televisions, their demand has increased, which resulted to a surge of demand for the industry. According to Hank Long, vice president...
- Building blocks. Alati, Danine // Contract;Jul2003, Vol. 45 Issue 7, p38
Designed by SOM Collaborative, a subsidiary of Skidmore Owings and Merrill in New York in partnership with Tuohy, Parameters is an extensive furniture collection created to satisfy needs from reception and administrative workspaces to open plan settings to executive offices, thus offering total...
- The Second Act. Kitchen, Jane // Kids Today;Jul2012, p35
The article profiles furniture designer Wendy Bellissimo. Bellissimo was raised up in a family-owned furniture store and started doing design calls when she was only 15 years old. In 1994, Bellissimo was designing a line of decorative pillows and bedding for stores such as Bloomingdales,...
- New take on classics. // Cabinet Maker;5/6/2005, Issue 5436, p30
The article presents information about the furniture, which are mix and mach of traditional and contemporary design. There has been a growing demand for contemporary furniture and a willingness by manufacturers to offer it. Jackie Hirschhaut, Vice President of American Home Furnishing Alliance,...
- October diary. // Cabinet Maker;9/1/2006, Issue 5503, p37
The article presents a calendar of events related to the furniture industry and trade for the month of October 2006. The Hong Kong International Furniture Fair will be held during October 27-30 in Hong Kong, China. The International Exhibition of Outdoor Furnishing and Equipment will be held...