Mood of change
- Innovative designs, colors drive upholstery. Evans, Gary // Furniture/Today;5/3/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 34, p9
Reports on trends in the upholstery market during the International Home Furnishings Market Authority trade show in High Point, North Carolina. Popularity of upholstery with innovative style and lots of color; Claim of Henredon general manager Eric Fulcher that color was splashed across the...
- Decor news. // Australian House & Garden;Jun2003, Issue 6, p27
Presents information related to various productsused for home decoration. One of the events at Designex, the design show to be held in Melbourne in June 2003 will be the launch of Australia design icon Marc Newson's Ideal Standard range of wonderfully geometric bathroomware. 'Chi: Energy of...
- Best of market. // Furniture/Today;4/25/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 32, p36
Features a wide range of furniture designed by several furniture-making companies in the U.S.
- Corrections. // O, The Oprah Magazine;Oct2007, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p70
Corrections to articles in the August and September 2007 issues are presented including the furniture on the cover of the August issue and "What Do You Really Want to Do with Your Life?"
- GOOD WEEK BAD WEEK. // Cabinet Maker;5/13/2005, Issue 5438, p31
Reports on updates in the furniture industry in Great Britain.
- Retail Therapy. // India Today;10/21/2013, p51
The article offers information on the several facts about the markets of Delhi, India which includes Funk alleys, Hauz Khas Village, Gourmet grab INA Market and Antique corner Furniture Market, Amar Colony. It discusses several facts which includes period mirrors, wooden laundry racks, antique...
- URBAN AESTHETIC. // Architectural Digest;Oct2000, Vol. 57 Issue 10, p42
Provides information on the furniture and upholstery collection of designer Claire Beaumont in New York City. Inspiration for the creation of classic and modern styles of furniture; Use of the furniture collection for the interior decoration projects of M (Group) designer Carey Maloney.
- Home office, entertainment feeding the urge to merge. Russell, Thomas // Furniture/Today;11/28/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 12, p32
The article focuses on the trend towards merger of home office and entertainment in the U.S. furniture market. This is evidenced by the latest products featured at the October 2005 market in High Point, North Carolina. An example at the market was Jesper 1000, a traditionally-styled line of...
- The Social Rise of the Orkney Chair. Carruthers, Annette // Journal of Design History;2009, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p27
In the 1890s, a new market was created for the Orkney straw-backed chair, which hitherto had been a vernacular product used largely in the homes of its makers on the Orkney Islands in the north of Scotland. This article discusses the standardization of the Orkney chair and its rapid acceptance...