Open for business
- Contemporary takeover. Pamben, Deven // Cabinet Maker;8/31/2007, Issue 5553, p10
The article reports on the result of the study conducted by MTW Research on the future trend of the furniture industry in Great Britain. Based on MTW's report, titled "Upholstered Domestic Furniture Market UK 2007-2012," the overall upholstery industry is expected to be worth Â£1.2 billion in...
- Have sales in leather upholstery peaked? Phimister, Douglas; Schofield, Darren; Commander, Lee; Melling, Jackie; Simpson, Jean // Cabinet Maker;3/10/2006, Issue 5478, p9
The article presents the opinion of British furniture industry experts on whether the sales of leather upholstery have reached its peak. Lee Commander of Petco Fine Furnishers think that it has because people are going off leather because it is cold. Jackie Melling of Edingtons Furnishers...
- Foreign investors, local families fuel growth. Russell, Thomas // Furniture/Today;9/28/2015, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p15
The article focuses on contribution of foreign investors towards growth of the furniture industry of Malaysia. Topics discussed include support of strong infrastructure and raw materials to the industry, production of upholstered beds and chairs Buy to Supply, Supply to Buy (BSSB), and wooden...
- Wells debuts Norwalk gallery. // Furniture/Today;10/4/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p90
Reports on Charleston, West Virginia-based Wells Home Furnishings' opening of a Norwalk custom upholstery gallery. Background of the company; Awards received.
- ASK NEW YORK. Penny, Denise // New York;4/12/2004, Vol. 37 Issue 12, p87
Answers a question of an avid flea-market bargain hunter who can barely afford to refurbish his finds. Services of Matthew Haly, owner of The Furniture Joint in New York City; High-quality custom-design shop; Teaching of one upholstery course a month.
- Upholstery makers see gradual climb. Evans, Gary // Furniture/Today;12/28/2009, Vol. 34 Issue 17, p37
The article offers information on the financial performance of the stationary upholstery industry in 2009 and markets forecasts for 2010 in the U.S. Estimated sales in 2009 was 12.5 billion dollars, which is an 8% decline from 2008. However, Stefanie Lucas, president and chief executive officer...
- Home sector sees further sales dip, says ONs. // Cabinet Maker;10/29/2010, Issue 5711, p4
The article reports on the sales performance of the household goods industry including the furniture trade in Great Britain, in which, September 2010 revealed a two percent decline compared to the same month in 2009.
- Furniture contributes to household goods fall. // Cabinet Maker;7/31/2009, Issue 5648, p8
The article reports on the decline of the household good as revealed by the Office of National Statistics (ONS) in Great Britain. The decrease is due to the sales drop from furniture and hardware stores. ONS has further revealed that the sales volume for non-food stores were 2.4 percent higher...
- Looking up and looking ahead. // Cabinet Maker;1/14/2005, Issue 5421, p22
The article reports that the German furniture industry has not been without disappointments but the pointers are there for some happy faces in the market. German exhibitors will head this month's to Cologne, Germany, in better heart than for some years. The industry seems to have stemmed the...