Rivals, but in good company
- The new retail stars. // Cabinet Maker;1/27/2006, Issue 5473, p4
The article reports on the retailer winners of the Inside Awards for 2006 in Great Britain. Pagazzi has won the "Independent Interior Retailer of the Year." Land of Leather has been named "Multiple Interior Retailer of the Year." The "Consumer Marketing Campaign of the Year" award was won by...
- Furniture tops the poll. // Cabinet Maker;1/28/2005, Issue 5423, p4
Recognizes Furniture123.co.UK as the first retailer to win the Furniture Awards Business Excellence category in Great Britain. Corporate history; Company operations; Reputation of the company in the furniture industry.
- Furniture retail. Bainbridge, Jane // Marketing (00253650);10/31/2012, p21
The article presents information on the furniture retail industry in October 2012. A series of profiles of furniture retailers like IKEA, DFS, and Independents reports on how each company's finance has changed during the economic recession. A chart documents how retailers like Magnet, B&Q, and...
- B&Q staff win engagement award. // Cabinet Maker;3/20/2009, Issue 5629, p9
The article announces that B&Q PLC will receive the Gallup Great Workplace Award in Great Britain.
- Celtic expansion for DFS as sales jump 20%. Kidd // Cabinet Maker;10/22/99, Issue 5160, p4
Reports that the DFS company will make its entry into the Scotland and Northern Ireland upholstery markets. Revenues from 1996 to 1999; Purchase of the Lincoln House factory; Construction of additional retail outlets.
- DFS wootton bassett road. // Cabinet Maker;01/28/2000, Issue 5172, p12
Evaluates the DFS furniture store at the Wootton Bassett Road London, England.
- DFS fined _GCP_3,000 for price hike. // Cabinet Maker;01/08/99, Issue 5120, p3
Discloses that DFS has been fined 3,000 British pounds for increasing the price of a sofa by 400 pounds during a promotional offer. Details of the case; Actual violations for which the company was fined.
- Prospects at DFS 'shine brightly' as profits jump. // Cabinet Maker;04/27/2001, Issue 5235, p5
Reports on the financial performance of Great Britain-based upholstery firm, DFS, as of April 2001.
- Strong cash generation at DFS but EBITDA falls. // Cabinet Maker;12/20/2013, Issue 5866, p8
The article reports on strong cash generation at sofa retailer DFS Group Ltd. during the first quarter of 2013 resulting in a year-on-year drop in sales and EBITDA.