A fine time for furniture at Argos
- Winter months bring festive cheer to retail duo. // Cabinet Maker;1/24/2014, Issue 5869, p8
The article reports on the sales growth reported by the two trading brands of Home Retail Group, clicks-and-bricks specialist Argos and do-it-yourself (DIY) expert Homebase, for the 18 weeks to January 4, 2014.
- Summer sales fall at Argos. // Cabinet Maker;08/06/99, Issue 5149, p3
Reports that sales at Argos fell in June and July 1999 compared with 1998.
- Our profit meets market expectations, says HRG. // Cabinet Maker;3/20/2009, Issue 5629, p4
The article reports on the sales performance of Argos PLC in Great Britain. Argos reveals that their profit has met the market expectations because their total sales have increased by 1.6%. However, the sales of the Home Retail Group brand has declined which reflects the challenging conditions...
- Argos and Homebase net supply chain awar. // Cabinet Maker;11/14/2008, Issue 5614, p4
The article announces the Supply Chain Integration Award given to Homebase Inc. and the Logistics Best Practice Award to Argos PLC.
- Retailers are enjoying substantial online sales growth, says CBI. // Cabinet Maker;9/4/2015, Issue 5947, p12
The article discusses a research conducted by the lobby group CBI which reports that sales of Great Britain furniture retailer through online channels increased by 39 percent in the period ending August 2015 against the similar period of 2014.
- BACKCHAT. // Cabinet Maker;11/7/2014, Issue 5908, p34
Several questions from readers regarding the suppliers to the furniture industry are presented including difficulties in dealing with furniture businesses in Scotland, especially with delivery lead times and minimum orders, laziness among representatives and agents and suppliers' support of...
- Christmas boom at Argos. // Cabinet Maker;1/18/2002, Issue 5270, p5
Reports on Argos PLC's furniture sales during the Christmas 2001 season in Great Britain.
- Argos to ship sofas in bubble-wrap bag. Goldstein, Simeon // Packaging News;Mar2010, p19
The article reports on the move of Argos PLC and Homebase Inc., both owned by Home Retail Group PLC, to adopt a reusable bubble-wrap bag in transporting sofas.
- Sainsbury's Home Retail Group attempt blocked. // Cabinet Maker;1/15/2016, Issue 5964, p10
The article reports that supermarket group Sainsbury's Supermarkets Ltd.'s attempt to buy home retailers Argos PLC and Homebase Inc. has been rejected by owner Home Retail Group.