Discounts up on 2004
- Far from merry Xmas, says BRC. // Housewares;Jan/Feb2008, Issue 211, p9
The article reports on the retail sales of houseware stores in December 2007 in Great Britain. The British Retail Consortium (BRC) claims that sales grow at 0.3 percent compared to the 2.5 percent in the same period of 2006. Homeware and home accessories sales continue to decline despite the...
- Sales slow despite discounts. // Cabinet Maker;12/3/2004, Issue 5417, p4
Reports on the increase in the sales volumes of furniture and floorcoverings retailers in Great Britain. Decline in the overall retail prices; Inquiry about the success of the discounting as retailers described a below average trading; Disappointment with the growth rate.
- Untitled. Squires, Dan // Cabinet Maker;10/21/2016, Issue 6001, p5
The author comments on issues about the furniture industry in Great Britain including the high inflation level, the increase in prices of furniture and house furnishings, and the Young Furniture Makers show.
- October trading. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;12/8/2006, Issue 5517, p32
The article reports on a survey regarding the sales performance of furniture retailers in Great Britain for the month of October 2006. It has been reported that retailers say that their sales were broadly in line with those seen in September. In addition, 24 percent of stores say that the value...
- A return to sales growth? // Cabinet Maker;7/9/2004, Issue 5396, p8
Analyzes whether the return to sales growth of furniture and furnishings retailers in Great Britain will last for the rest of 2004. Sales rise in the household textiles market; Recovery in the carpet and floorcoverings sector; Rise in the value of sales.
- Higher sales surprise for last year. // Cabinet Maker;2/6/2004, Issue 5374, p3
Reports on an increase in furniture sales in Great Britain in 2003. Figures released by the National Statistics; Comparison with 2002 figures; Decline in sales in the carpet and floor coverings sector.
- Sales slowdown continues. // Cabinet Maker;10/29/2004, Issue 5412, p6
Reports on the slowdown of retail sales growth in Great Britain in September 2004. Seasonally adjusted sales volume; Quarterly growth of the household goods stores, including furniture and electrical stores.
- Leading E-tailers. // Furniture/Today;8/5/2013, Vol. 37 Issue 48, p11
The article features the leading electronic retailers (e-tailers) in the furniture industry, particularly in the U.S., as of early August 2013. Amazon.com posted an estimated total sales of 61.1 billion dollars in 2012. The other featured top e-tailers include Anthology Furniture, BedPlanet.com,...
- BermanFalk buys fellow Canadian producer HOM. Slaughter, Powell // Furniture/Today;6/27/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 41, p73
The article reports that Louisiana store owner Mike Beach was named Retailer of the Year by the Southeastern Home Furnishings Association at its conference in Florida. Beach, of Mike Beach Furniture Showrooms in La Place, Louisiana, also is the retail group's president for 2005-2006. Alabama was...