Vinson & Elkins Names Robert Collins Partner
- Why the best salespeople rarely make good managers. Greenberg, Herb // Forum (10566937);Feb97, Issue 177, p21
Opinion. Looks at why excellent insurance salespeople rarely make the best sales managers when promoted in a company. Effect of the promotion on the person's performance; Problems associated when the person failed.
- How to tell who's ready to be promoted. // Supervisory Management;Oct93, Vol. 38 Issue 10, p4
Discusses guidelines for candidate promotion. Good communicator; Ambitious; Role model.
- A subtle song of praise. Case, Kristin; Woolsey, Terry // Women in Business;Nov/Dec96, Vol. 48 Issue 6, p38
Presents several tips on how to be promoted in job. Accepting praise gracefully; Sharing of skills; Leading outside the office.
- Cook County Crafts Fiscal Team With a New Hire and a Promotion. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;5/5/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33512, p5
The article announces promotions and appointments initiated by Cook County for its financial team including Andrea Gibson who was appointed by Cook County Board President Toni Preckwinkle as the new budget chief of the country, and Takashi Reinbold as the new deputy finance director.
- RCR people. // RCR;11/10/97, Vol. 16 Issue 44, p36
Presents news briefs pretaining to promotions and appointments at business enterprises in the United States. Appointment of Dave Segbers to vice president of sales and marketing at Astronet Corporation; Promotion of Annice Jordan to chief financial officer at DigiPH PCS, a personal...
- Awkward positions. Hayes, Cassandra // Black Enterprise;Jun96, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p79
Presents advice on making the transition from being a peer employee to becoming a boss after a promotion. Definition of the new relationship; Negative reactions of employees as not to be taken seriously.
- First among egos. Grace, Sam // Esquire;Jul97, Vol. 128 Issue 1, p90
Discusses the implication of subordinate employee's promotion. How the promoted one's colleagues would react negatively to his actions; Comparison of the attitude of promoted colleague before and after the promotion.
- People. // Inside Tucson Business;1/1/96, Vol. 5 Issue 40, p16
Profiles various professionals who were promoted.
- Base promotion on candidates' merits. Hatlevig, Troy // Personnel Journal;Jul95, Vol. 74 Issue 7, p100
Presents the response of `Personnel Journal' magazine readers on the basis of promotion of two qualified employees with different length of service. Role of the length of service; Promotion of the most qualified individual; Need to review the credentials of the candidates.