MSRB Issues Guidance for Transaction Reporting Ahead of Real-Time Debut
- Muni EMMA. Ackerman, Andrew // Financial Planning;May2008, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p30
The article reports that Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board launched a pilot version of the online portal EMMA on March 31, 2008. It is stated that EMMA is a free online portal which will provide investors with price information on municipal securities. The author shares that in the second...
- MSRB Files Controversial Priority Of Orders Rule Changes With SEC. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;11/19/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33220, p5
The article reports on the changes proposed by the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) with the Securities and Exchange Commission on its Rule G-11 in the U.S. in 2009. It mentions that these changes would dictate the priority of retail and other customer orders in primary offerings and...
- New Rules Proposed for ROPs. ALBANO, CHRISTINE // Bond Buyer;9/19/2012, Vol. 381 Issue 33784, p8
The article informs that the U.S. Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) is planning to propose a rule in order to improve and make retail order period (ROPs) safer for issuers and investors.
- MSRB Publishes a Guide to EMMA for Muni Issuers. HUME, LYNN // Bond Buyer;4/16/2013, Vol. 384 Issue 33895, p8
The article informs that the organization Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board has presented an introductory guide to its Electronic Municipal Market Access for municipal bonds issuers to analyze their municipal financing options, communicate with investors and accede with disclosure rules.
- MSRB Plans Investor Education Videos. Glazier, Kyle // Bond Buyer;10/23/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34199, p16
The article reports on the plan of the U.S. Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) to offer a free six-week video series to educate municipal securities investors about fundamental disclosure documents.
- Munis Firmer Amid Light Secondary Action. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;11/23/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33221, p2
The article presents a market analysis of municipal bonds in the U.S. The author mentions that the municipal market was slightly better amid the light secondary trading on November 20, 2009. Moreover, majority of the Treasury market experienced some losses, while the trades reported by the...
- MSRB Proposes System For ARS Information. Ackerman, Andrew; Schroeder, Peter; Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;3/18/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32838, p1
The article reports on the proposal of the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) to establish a centralized system fro the collection and dissemination of critical information related to auction-rate securities (ARS) in the U.S. The proposal aims to address the problem of lack of...
- A Rush for the Exits: Muni Market Set for Holiday Break. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron // Bondbuyer.com;11/23/2016, p1
Municipal bond traders are wrapping up their business on Wednesday, ahead of the Thanksgiving holiday on Thursday. While the market will be open for an abbreviated session on Friday, desks will be minimally staffed and most participants will be enjoying leftovers from the fridge and football on TV.
- Munis Unchanged in Light Trading. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;2/5/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32808, p2
The article reports on the performance of municipal bond and Treasury markets in the U.S. for the week ending February 4, 2008. At the end of the week, the municipal market was unchanged to slightly weaker in light trading, following Treasuries. According to the Municipal Securities Rulemaking...