- Comcast Wideband Hits Northwest. SPANGLER, TODD // Multichannel News;11/24/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 46, p3
The article reports on the plans of Comcast Corp. to launch wideband cable modem service in the Pacific Northwest. The multi system operator will introduce its digital subscriber line (DSL)-obliterating broadband which will deliver downloads up to 50 megabits per second throughout Washington and...
- Comcast Discout Pitch Woos DSL Users. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;11/17/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 46, p6
Reports on the marketing effort of Comcast Corp. for its digital subscriber lines (DSL). Price of the services offered by Comcast; Challenges facing cable companies; Competition between DSL and multiple services operators.
- READER POLL. // Telephony;12/13/2004, Vol. 245 Issue 24, p21
This article seeks readers opinion related to broadband upgrade plan. One of the companies in this plan are Verizon Corp. and its plan to deploy fiber to the home. Bell South's plan to invest more in upgrading DSL, while using FTTC in greenfield deployments.
- For telcos, it's a bundle, baby. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;2/2/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p31
Discusses the multiple-product bundles offered by regional Bell telecommunication operating companies in the U.S. Results of the additional digital subscriber lines subscribers of BellSouth Corp.; Effects of the shift made by Verizon Communications Inc. to broadband on EarthLink Inc.; Products...
- Verizon Rolls Out High-Speed Internet Service. Sanchez, Mark // Grand Rapids Business Journal;8/6/2001, Vol. 19 Issue 32, p17
No abstract available.
- Sluggish Verizon hangs up Internet service providers. McDonald, Michael // Crain's New York Business;09/18/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 38, p4
Reports on the problems of New York City-based Internet services providers using Verizon Communications' telephone lines in offering digital subscriber line (DSL) services. Causes of delays in DSL services; Results of New Networks Institute's survey of service providers using Verizon's lines.
- BRANDON ZUPANCIC. // Telephony;July2008 Independent, p24
The article profiles Canby Telcom, an Internet service provider. Canby was founded in 1904 and originally known as the Macksburg Mutual Telephone Association. Canby has 98% digital subscriber lines (DSL) with a new fiber deployment that will reach 30% of customers by year-end and 85% of...
- Can ADSL handle the job? Senia, Al // Telecom Asia;Apr2007, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p22
The article focuses on the challenges faced by asymmetric digital subscriber line (ADSL) and very high speed digital subscriber line (VDSL) technologies in preparing for internet protocol television rollouts in Asia and the rest of the world. Among VDSL shortfall include complex and varied...
- The Development of Online Finishing in China. // Photo Imaging News (Asia Edition);Jul2010, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p1
The article discusses the development of online finishing business in China. It notes that the first online finishing web site in China was in 2000, but only gained popularity in 2006 with the introduction of broadband based on digital subscriber line (DSL) technology. Overviews on the...