Malone Locks In Bid for UnitedGlobalCom
- Malone spins UGC to Liberty Global. Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;1/19/2005, Vol. 286 Issue 16, p8
Announces the plan of Liberty Media International Inc. to acquire a considerable stake in UnitedGlobalCom (UGC) Inc., creating a company called Liberty Global. Controversy surrounding the deal price that offers no premium to UGC shareholders; Number of countries where UGC operates; Views of...
- Malone's Tepid Voom View. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;3/21/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 12, p45
Focuses on the decision of John Malone, CEO and chairman of Liberty Media International (LMI), to decline an investment plan in Voom, a direct-broadcast satellite provider. Alleged reasons behind the selection of Malone for the position by Charles Dolan, chairman of Cablevision Systems Corp;...
- LIBERTY'S MAN LEERY. McClintock, Pamela // Daily Variety;3/15/2005, Vol. 286 Issue 55, p6
Reports on John Malone's negative reaction to Cablevision chairman Charles Dolan to pursue Voom. Continuation of a boardroom battle that saw Dolan name Malone to the board of the company in a takeover; Earnings call for Malone's overseas venture, Liberty Media International.
- Malone takes Liberty to form Japanese co. McClintock, Pamela // Daily Variety;12/1/2004, Vol. 285 Issue 42, p11
The article reports that moving to increase control over Japan's leading cabler, John Malone's Liberty Media International Inc. on Tuesday said it is forming a holding company with Sumitomo Corp. to pool their respective stakes in Jupiter Telecommunications. Under the pact Media International...
- Liberty/UGC Deal Could Change Chilean Landscape. Dallas, Jo // Multichannel News;07/31/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 31, p32
Reports on Liberty Media International Inc.'s plan to invest in UnitedGlobalCom Inc. as of July 31, 2000. Details of the investment deal; Deal's implications for the cable television industry in Chile.
- UGC boosts European broadband. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;12/21/2004, Vol. 386 Issue 50, p12
This article reports that Liberty Media International Inc. (LMI) and its European cable affiliate UnitedGlobalCom Inc. (UGC) on Monday transferred some cable assets to further clarify their ownership portfolios. Some Wall Street observers suggested that the move makes an often-proposed merger of...
- The Litigation Equation. Macfadyen, Ken // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Jul2009, Vol. 44 Issue 7, p16
The article focuses on the rise of class-action lawsuits being filed in taking-private acquisitions in the U.S. It reports that in first five months of 2009 eight out of nine acquisitions including deals for Pharmanet Development Group Inc., Entrust Technologies Inc. and Cox Radio Inc. have...
- In the Courts. // CableFAX Daily;9/2/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 171, p2
The article reports on a class action suit filed by shareholders against Intermix Media in an attempt to block the acquisition of Intermix by News Corp.
- Liberty int'l spinoff may arrive by June. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;4/6/2004, Vol. 383 Issue 17, p13
John Malone's Liberty Media International Inc. (LMI) late last week made a regulatory filing that will allow it to effect its plan to spin off its international operations and do so as early as June. Liberty announced the plan for the spinoff of Liberty Media International to shareholders last...