STRENGTH IN LOCAL NUMBERS
- DirecTV Adds More Local Channels. // Satellite Today;10/14/2005, Vol. 4 Issue 200, pN.PAG
The article reports on the plan of DirecTV to add local channels in Minnesota and Ohio to its lineup before the end of 2005. Adding channels in Mankato, Minnesota and and Zanesville, Ohio, will bring DirecTV's local offerings to 137 designated market areas covering 93 percent of U.S. households.
- EchoStar: Stations want 50 cents per sub. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;02/28/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p28
Reports on the complaint EchoStar Communications Corp. has lodged with the United States Federal Communications Commission. Amount of retransmission fee per subscriber demanded by television stations; Television networks which may have to be dropped for lack of retransmission content; Bases for...
- EchoStar forced to drop WWOR. Dempsey, John // Variety;06/05/2000, Vol. 379 Issue 3, p14
Reports that WWOR-TV New York and some of its network affiliates in the United States (U.S.) were removed from the schedule of EchoStar on May 29, 2000. Reason for the removal; Information on the principle behind the dispute called retransmission consent; Complaint filed by EchoStar with the...
- Univision expanding. De la Fuente, Anna Marie // Daily Variety;9/9/2005, Vol. 288 Issue 48, p23
Reports on the expansion of Univision Communications Inc. by securing a berth on the Dish network of EchoStar Communications Corp. in Puerto Rico.
- Lifetime still on Dish menu. Martin, Denise // Daily Variety;2/2/2006, Vol. 290 Issue 24, p5
The article reports on the resolution of the dispute between Lifetime network and EchoStar Communications Corp. in the U.S. With the resolution, the network and its sister network will be restored in the lineup of the provider. The cause of the conflict concerns the demand of the network for a...
- Dish Exploits Cox's Pain. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;2/28/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p52
Reports on the local TV station, NBC affiliate KRBC, that will be offered by EchoStar Communications Corp. in the Abilene-Sweetwater, Texas after Cox Communications Inc. dropped its TV station in the area. Company with which Cox and Cable One Inc. are in the midst of a retransmission consent...
- Boston duopoly doubles on local news. Wang, Karissa S. // Electronic Media;9/10/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 37, p8
Reports on the developments on the local television broadcasting advisory in Boston, Massachusetts. Primetime broadcasting of WSBK-TV during Labor Day; Focus on the reorganization of WSBK-TV management programs; Acclimatization of the television viewers from the syndication community.
- Tally key behavior. McGoldrick, Paul // Broadcast Engineering;Mar1999, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p366
Explains the importance of the tally key in television broadcasting. Overview of the tally system; How the system works; Significance of safety systems.
- Global sales top agenda for nets. De Pablos, Emiliano; Hopewell, John; Hudson, Peter // Variety;01/15/2001 Supplement, Vol. 381 Issue 8, p47
Reports on the shift in marketing focus of the television broadcasting industry in Spain to gain market share in the international television industry. Strategies of several television companies to sharpen their international television market focus; Technological innovations in television...