Making Love, And War
- Satellite Firms in Keyword Clash. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;12/11/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 49, p52
The article reports that EchoStar Communications Corps. and DirecTV Inc. are battling in court over the use of search engine keywords in the U.S. DirecTV has filed three trademark-infringement lawsuits in California against EchoStar's Dish Network retailers over the words they have purchased...
- Satellite TV providers sue Utah over higher taxes. // Chicago Citizen - South End Edition;12/29/2010, Vol. 43 Issue 47, p4
The article reports on the lawsuit filed by Directv Inc. and Dish Network Corp. against the state government of Utah due to high taxes.
- It's DBS vs. DBS in suit. Estrella, Joe // Multichannel News;02/07/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p1
Reports on the laws it filed by direct broadcast satellite television station EchoStar Communications Corp. against DirecTV Inc. in what experts call a battle for market share. Charges leveled against DirecTV; DirecTV's response to the accusations and counter charges against EchoStar; Comments...
- Marketing muscle. Stern, Christopher // Daily Variety;02/03/2000, Vol. 266 Issue 45, p4
Reports on United States-based satellite television company EchoStar's lawsuit against competitor DirecTV. Case background.
- EchoStar, Dish Network Win Two Key Court Decisions in Ongoing Lawsuits. Hill, Jeffrey // Satellite News;4/27/2011, Vol. 34 Issue 17, p4
The article reports that EchoStar and Dish Network Corp. won favorable judgments in two ongoing federal court cases in the U.S. on April 20, 2011. In one case, U.S. District Court Judge Roger Benitez ordered Jung Kwak founder of Viewtech Inc. to pay 214.9 dollars as his company was involved in...
- Judge Mulls Fate Of A La Carte Suit. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;6/23/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 25, p34
The article reports on the lawsuit filed by a group of consumers from California, Indiana, Virginia, and New York against cable and satellite providers NBC Universal Inc., Viacom Inc., DirectTV Inc., and Dish Network Corp. in Los Angeles, California on December 3, 2007. The consumer action...
- Judge: Dish May Tier Voom. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;5/12/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 19, p6
The article reports on the refusal of a judge to issue a preliminary injunction for Voom HD to temporarily block Echostar and Dish Network from relegating its 15 high-definition (HD) networks to a tier. Voom claimed that Echostar was terminating their 15-year carriage deal and wanted to totally...
- DirecTv Fires Back At EchoStar Suit. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;03/27/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p10
Reports on the lawsuits filed against each other by United States-based satellite television companies DirecTV and EchoStar as of March 27, 2000. Case background; Lawsuits' allegations.
- Dish dealer drama. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;02/07/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 6, p10
Reports on the antitrust lawsuit filed by Echostar Communications Corp. against direct broadcast satellite firm, DirecTV Inc. Exclusive deals with consumer electronic retailers as the center of the rivalry; Background of how the legal conflict started.