FCC's Shelton Leaves to Help Dems in House
- Adelstein Stays at FCC. Halonen, Doug // Television Week;11/29/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 48, p20
Reports on the extension of the term of Jonathan Adelstein as commissioner of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC). Outcome of his supposed resignation; Past rumors about his position; Role in derailing the effort of the Republican majority of the FCC to relax media ownership...
- House panel to grill ftiU FCC on range of topics. Martinez, Jennifer; Sasso, Brendan // Hill;7/9/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 85, p18
The article informs that the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) will testify at a hearing of the U.S. House Energy Commerce subcommittee on communications and technology.
- House Committee Widens E-Rate Probe. // American Libraries;Sep2003, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p13
Reports on the decision of the U.S. House Committee on Energy and Finance to widen its investigation on fraud and abuse in the electronic rate (e-rate) program by several companies in the U.S. Reason for increasing the investigation on the e-rate fraud; Role of the U.S. Federal Communications...
- Dueling Proposals Complicate Auction. Rockwell, Mark; Vaughan, Allyson // Wireless Week;4/29/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 17, p1
Reports on the proposals that complicate the 700 megahertz frequency spectrum auction of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission. Details of the proposed legislation of the U.S. House Commerce Committee to stop the auction; Bill introduced by U.S. Senator Ted Stevens (R.- Alaska) to proceed...
- House panel examines FCC operations, actions. Sasso, Brendan // Hill;3/5/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 28, p15
The article reports that the U.S. House Energy and Commerce Committee will be conducting an investigation of the operations of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) in 2012.
- Matters 'Squared' Away for Nominees? // Broadcasting & Cable;3/19/2012, Vol. 142 Issue 12, p21
The article focuses on the effect of the LightSquared documents released by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to the House Energy and Commerce Committee on Ajit Pai and Jessica Rosenworcel, the Republican and Democratic nominee for two FCC open seats.
- FCC Faces Busy Fall. Eggerton, John // Broadcasting & Cable;9/12/2011, Vol. 141 Issue 34, p24
The article discusses the most pressing priorities that the U.S. Congress House Energy & Commerce Committee might consider in initiating legislative reform to U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) for the benefit of the broadcasting industry and cable operation in the country.
- Barton Asks for a la Carte Study. Halonen, Doug // Television Week;5/24/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 21, p8
Reports on the request of key legislators in the U.S. Congress for the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to investigate the impact of allowing satellite and cable television customers to buy their programming with a separate price for each item on the industry and consumers. Benefits...
- Democrats Gang Up On DTV Transition. // Telecom Policy Report;10/3/2005, Vol. 3 Issue 37, p7
Presents an update on the telecommunications industry in the U.S. as of October 2005. Tactics used by Democratic federal law makers to urge the House Energy and Commerce Committee to act on the demand for the transition from analog television transmission to digital television; Decision of the...