Cox Expands 'FreeZone' Ad Platform
- VOD ads: What's happening? Kanouff, Yvette // CED;Jan2010, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p13
The article discusses the success of the video-on-demand (VOD) advertising insertion. It mentions the Cox Communications Inc. MyPrimetime that estimates an ad uplift of 10 percent and the Sunflower Broadband sold out of inventory generating an increase in advertising clients and revenue through...
- Cox rolls out ad-backed video service. Elkin, Tobi // Advertising Age;8/19/2002, Vol. 73 Issue 33, p3
This article reports on the launch of an advertising-supported video-on-demand (VOD) FreeZone VOD service by Cox Communications, as of August 2002. Cox is introducing the service to digital cable subscribers in San Diego, California and will run through December 20. Participating advertisers...
- Cox offers ad data on its VOD service. Whitney, Daisy; Kerwin, Ann Marie // Advertising Age;1/17/2005, Vol. 76 Issue 3, p21
Reports on the plans of cable operator Cox Communications to deliver video-on-demand (VOD) usage data to its advertisers on a daily or weekly basis as of January 2005. Reason for the move; Significance of Cox's FreeZone program; States in the U.S. included in the FreeZone markets.
- Cox Widens FreeZone to Serve 9 Markets. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;1/17/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p16
Focuses on the expansion of the FreeZone category in the video on-demand (VOD) service of Cox Communications in several markets in the U.S. Plan of Cox to deliver VOD usage to the advertiser as part of the expansion; Implication of the expansion; Other expansion plans of Cox. INSET: DISCOVERY...
- Stirring the Media Mix. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;10/3/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 41, p31
Focuses on the Entitlement Manager and Entitlement Engine software offered by Cauldron Solutions in the U.S. Benefits of the programs to cable television operators; Use of the software in the video-on-demand operations of Rainbow Media Holdings and Cox Communications Inc.; Features of the software.
- FreeZone: Advertisers On Board For VOD Initiative. Goldrich, Robert // SHOOT;8/30/2002, Vol. 43 Issue 34, p1
Cites the launch of the advertising-supported video on demand (VOD) trial, FreeZone by Cox Communications in San Diego, California. Implications of VOD medium for the advertising community and content providers; Comparison of VOD with interactive television; List of advertiser offerings on...
- In The Zone. Goldrich, Robert // SHOOT;8/30/2002, Vol. 43 Issue 34, p4
Comments on the launch of the advertising-supported video on demand (VOD) medium, FreeZone by Cox Communications in San Diego, California. Opportunities created by the medium for the advertising community; List of advertiser offerings on FreeZone; Comparison of VOD with direct-response television.
- FreeZone debuts in San Diego. // CED;Oct2002, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p20
Reports on the launching of the FreeZone video-on-demand service from Cox Communications Inc. in San Diego, California. Programming of the service supported by long-format, infomercial-type advertising and sponsorships.
- Cox Debuts FreeZone in San Diego. Brown, Karen // Multichannel News;8/26/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 34, p6
Reports the inauguration of the FreeZone service for video-on-demand by Cox Communications Inc. in San Diego, California. Advantages from the video-recorder capabilities; Entertainment content of the technology; Quality of services for the advertisers.