Red-Carpet Duel Pleased Both Nets
- Influence peddling in San Diego. Wang, Karissa S. // Electronic Media;11/13/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 46, p1
Reports that television stations in San Diego, California, are protesting against the marketing campaign of television station KSWB focusing on Nielsen Media Research's ratings households as of November 13, 2000. Details of the marketing campaign designed to influence Nielsen homes' television...
- Local news is good news for KNBC(TV). Schlosser, Joe // Broadcasting & Cable;03/23/98, Vol. 128 Issue 12, p70
Focuses on KNBC(TV), while highlighting the ratings it received during its coverage of the winter Olympics. Comments from Carole Black, general manager of KNBC; Factors which contributed to the high ratings KNBC received; Details on the competition KNBC received from KCBS-TV.
- Spanish station delivers strong demos. McClellan, Steve // Broadcasting & Cable;06/22/98, Vol. 128 Issue 26, p51
Unveils the rating earned by Spanish-language WXTV (TV) New York in May 1998 according Nielsen station index. Demographics of WXTV viewers; Reason for the rating received by the station.
- CBS spruces up record collection. Miller, Stuart // Variety;2/28/94, Vol. 354 Issue 4, p54
Reports on the ratings of television stations and programs for the week of February 18 to 24, 1994. February 23 face off between Nancy Kerrigan and Tonya Harding, `Shattered Glory'; Ratings success of the Winter Games; Counterprogramming; CBS' February 14 to 20 record; Fox's improved season...
- BBC1 squeaks past ITV for ratings crown. Andrews, Sam // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;1/8/2002, Vol. 371 Issue 31, p84
Reports on the ratings of several television stations in Great Britain. Details on the overall audience share of BBC1 television programs; Ratings of ITV for the primetime segment; Factors that affected the ratings of ITV1.
- Ratings threaten experiment in good journalism. Cohen, David // St. Louis Journalism Review;Nov2000, Vol. 30 Issue 231, p25
Comments on the problems facing Chicago, Illinois-based television station WBBM-TV as it tries to improve its ratings. Presentation of the day's most important stories; Rating of the station; Resignation of newsroom managers; Lack of relevance in television news.
- NBC gets by with a little help from its 'Friends' Kissell, Rick // Variety;1/6/2003, Vol. 389 Issue 7, p30
Reports on the ratings of television networks and television programs in January 2003 in the U.S. Ratings of television networks CBS, ABC and Fox; List of top-rated television programs for the season.
- KNBC edges KABC in 6 p.m. sweeps race. Davies, Jonathan // Hollywood Reporter;12/1/95, Vol. 340 Issue 4, p8
Reports that television station KNBC edged KABC by one-tenth of a ratings point to win the six p.m. news race for the November 1995 sweeps in Los Angeles, California, according to A.C. Nielsen Co. Ratings of other news programs.
- CNBC's Cohen declares split. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;8/12/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 33, p14
Focuses on the impact of the economic crisis on the market performance of CNBC in the U.S. Decrease in audience share; Decision of executive vice president Bruno Cohen to leave CNBC for National Broadcasting Co. Inc; Decline in the company's prime time rating by fifty percent.