HBO, 'Nip' Pace Cable at Globes
- 'Silicon Valley,' 'The Americans' Score at Critics' Choice Awards. // Variety;6/2/2015, Vol. 328 Issue 4, p5
The article announces that the television series "Silicon Valley" and "The Americans" have won the best comedy and best drama awards, respectively, at the 2015 Critics' Choice Television Awards.
- MY PICKS FOR The Golden Globes. Gliatto, Tom // People;1/22/2007, Vol. 67 Issue 3, p39
In this article the author notes personal choices to win 2007 Golden Globe awards. The author expresses an opinion of the best television comedy of 2006, the best television drama and the stand-out actors and actresses of the season. The author notes that "Weeds" and "Grey's Anatomy" are the...
- Ten Races to Watch. // Variety;6/13/2013, Vol. 320 Issue 9, p27
The article focuses on the television programs submitted for consideration of a 2013 Emmy Award in categories including Entertainment Talkshow, Talkshow Host, and Drama Series. Information is provided on what types of episodes the programs submitted and the creation of submission reels by...
- Kim, Coco lead winners of Star Awards for TV. SMITH, CHUCK // Filipino Reporter;11/28/2014, Vol. 42 Issue 52, p34
The article announces the winners of the 28th Star Awards for Television held on November 23, 2014 in the Philippines, including Kim Chiu as Best Drama Actress, "Ikaw Lamang" as Best Primetime Drama Series and John Estrada as Best Drama Supporting Actor.
- 'Britain' in bloom as Rose noms flower. Clarke, Steve // Daily Variety;4/21/2005, Vol. 287 Issue 14, p10
This article reports that Britons, including the two stars of irreverent sketch show "Little Britain," lead the pack with eight nominations in the performance categories of the Rose d'Or awards. "Little Britain's" Matt Lucas and David Walliams also picked up two BAFTA honors over the weekend....
- 'Ang Dalawang Mrs. Real' big winner at 6th Golden Screen Tv Awards. // Filipino Post;4/30/2015, p6
No abstract available.
- TV Acad Revamps Rule Book for Award Hopefuls. Albiniak, Paige // Variety;6/3/2014, Vol. 324 Issue 4, p66
The article discusses how the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences has made several rule changes leading up to the 2014 Emmy awards. Topics include how made-for-television (TV) movies will be considered in the same category as miniseries, why dramas and comedies are becoming increasingly...
- ATAS sets Emmy date, hunts network. Levine, Struart // Daily Variety;1/21/2011, Vol. 310 Issue 15, p4
The article reports that the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences (ATAS) has been discussing with the big four networks such as Home Box Office (HBO) and National Broadcasting Co. (NBC) for broadcasting Primetime Emmy Awards on September 18, 2011.
- DRAMA. Weisman, Jon // Daily Variety;12/2/2008, Vol. 301 Issue 40, pA6
The article focuses on several television programs in the U.S. that can be possibly nominated for the Golden Globe Awards under the drama category. It also mentions the impact of the Writers Guild of America's (WGA) strike on several of these shows. It notes that the possible contenders for the...