THROUGH THE WIRE
- PEOPLE. // Multichannel News;8/8/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 31, p18
The article offers information on the personnel changes in the U.S. cable television industry in 2011, including Ming G. Jung of Communications Equity Associates (CEA) Group Cos., Christian Drobnyk of Lifetime Networks, and Brandon Brito of the Television (TV) 360 television unit at Management 360.
- PEOPLE. // Multichannel News;8/22/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 32, p27
The article reports on the personnel changes in the U.S. cable television industry in 2011, including Andrew Kobliska of Bigsmack, Cyndi McClellan of E! News, and Jay Madara of Gold Channel.
- Scribes picket Nickelodeon. McNary, Dave // Daily Variety;8/31/2001, Vol. 272 Issue 65, p3
Reports the public demonstrations against Nickelodeon Animation Studios in Burbank, California. Refusal to grant contract coverage to the Writers Guild of America of six shows; Emphasis of the unfair labor practice complaints.
- people. // Multichannel News;5/19/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 20, p21
The article announces the career development of several people in the cable network industry including Tiaan Schutte of Alticast, Rima Qureshi of Ericsson Group in Stockholm, Sweden, and Marcel Gani of Sunnyvale, California-based technology firm Infinera.
- THESE FOLKS DO NOT WANT ANY "MINUTE MEN". // New York Amsterdam News;7/20/2006, Vol. 97 Issue 30, p3
A photograph related to a rally by immigrants is presented. It depicts immigrants rallying against Cable News Network's Lou Dobbs at the Time Warner Building in Columbus Circle.
- CWA Pickets Target Comcast. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;4/11/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 15, p24
Reports on a demonstration led by union representatives and community media group members against cable television operator Comcast in April 2005. Grievances raised by the groups in the protest; Criticisms against the workforce of the cable company; Comments on a policy warning released by the...
- Survey Says Digital Churn Dipped. Applebaum, Simon // Multichannel News;4/21/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 16, p2
According to a a study by McKinsey & Co.cable's customer universe surpasses 20 million households. Study estimated that about 4-5 percent of digital-cable customers per month drop the service, making for a rate of 48 percent to 60 percent per year. There are reasons for disconnection which...
- Leary, Tolan come to the 'Rescue' Levine, Stuart // Daily Variety;6/8/2004, Vol. 283 Issue 45, pB8
Reports on the new television program "Rescue Me," starring comedian actor Denis Leary at FX cable television network in the U.S. Exploration fo the lives and camaraderie of firefighters; Mechanism of balancing drama and comedy; Details of the themes and plot of the program.
- FX fans flames for 'Rescue'. Speight, Kimberly // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;8/23/2005, Vol. 390 Issue 30, p4
This article reports that Fox broadcasting Co. has given the green light to a third season of the drama series "Rescue Me." The cable network has ordered 13 episodes for Season 3 of the series, which stars Denis Leary and revolves around the lives of New York firefighters. "Rescue Me" is...