This Just In
- Program Deals:. // CableFAX Daily;5/26/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 103, p2
Presents updates on cable television programming deals in the U.S. Contract of the Big 10 with ESPN to set up a sports network with DirecTV; Agreement of World Championship Sports Network for the coverage of the 2006 FISA Rowing World Cup.
- Competition:. // CableFAX Daily;7/11/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 132, p2
Presents updates on cable television in the U.S. Launching of the "V Cast Performances," a music performance and concert tour program for phones equipped with V Cast technology, by Verizon; Plan of DirecTV to pitch MLB games in HD by regional sports nets in 19 markets; Schedule of the YES...
- CSTV's Starters: DirecTV, No MSOs. Applebaum, Simon // Multichannel News;4/7/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 14, p34
College Sports Television (CSTV) is expected to enter into an agreement with DirecTV Inc. as its only multichannel distributor on April 07, 2003. Subscribers to the direct-broadcast satellite provider's "Sports Pack" will receive CSTV when it officially starts off around 11: 30 p.m. ET, after...
- VALUE OF THE GAME. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;11/4/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 44, p1B
Examines the relationship between sporting events and the cable industry and the high level of influence each has on the other. Domination of cable or broadcast networks in telecast rights of major U.S. sports; Consistent viewership ratings enjoyed by sporting events; High costs of acquisition...
- Cox Tips Hornets-Centered Net In N'awlins. Umstead, R Thomas // Multichannel News;10/28/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 43, p14
Reports on deals of the regional sports network Cox Sports Television, slated to launch on October 28, 2002 with several television networks. Terms of the agreement of the network with the ESPN channel to provide college-sports events and news programming; Plans of the network regarding its...
- Cable bases loading up with new sports webs. Richmond, Ray // Variety;10/14/96, Vol. 364 Issue 11, p39
Reports on developments related to cable television in the United States as of October 14, 1996. Cable networks' launch of sports news channels; Background on the market for sports news channels; Market observers' comments.
- Ganging up on sports fees. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;5/13/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 20, p22
Focuses on the impact of increased sports-programming cost on the cable television broadcasting of sports events in the U.S. Reference to the failure of Cablevision Systems to carry Yankees Entertainment & Sports; Subscribers lost by Cablevision due to the conflict; Involvement of ESPN.
- Court TV. Sparrow, David // Tennis;
Reports on the launching of the Tennis Channel cable network.
- Cameras on the court. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;10/28/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 44, p44
Reports on innovative techniques adopted by sports cable television network ESPN to attract viewers to its National Basketball Association (NBA) coverage in late October 2002. Technology implemented by ESPN to broadcast NBA action; Usage of interactive chalkboard by TNT to help viewers to break...