Minnesota Gov.'s Budget Plan Eliminates $700M Deficit
- Minnesota Governor Ready to Sign $1 Billion Capital Plan. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;4/8/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32107, p3
Reports that Minnesota Governor Tim Pawlenty is scheduled to sign a bond-financed capital spending bill. Approval of the bill by the Legislature; Views of state debt manager Peter Sausen regarding importance of the bill; Provision of the proposed bill.
- MINNESOTA: Pawlenty Vetoes Bond Bill. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;5/9/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32625, p9
The article reports that Minnesota Governor Tim Pawlenty has vetoed on the $334 million capital bonding bill approved by lawmakers. The Governor has called on the Legislature to pass one that is more reasonable and responsible and in line with his $71 million proposal submitted earlier in 2007....
- Sailing Into the Biennium With a $2B Surplus. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/28/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32596, Special section p36
The article reports that Minnesota is in the position of heading into the next fiscal biennium with a $2 billion budget surplus. Due to stronger-than-expected personal income and corporate income tax collections, revenue growth is projected to remain stable. State lawmakers and Governor Tim...
- Minnesota Lawmakers Set to Begin Reconciling Separate Bonding Bills. Shieldds, Yvette // Bond Buyer;4/17/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32361, p3
The article reports that Minnesota House and Senate are set to begin reconciling separate bonding bills. The Lawmakers are ironing out differences on the 900 million to 1 billion general obligation-supported capital budget. Governor Tim Pawlenty has already expressed his support for a package...
- Minnesota Lawmakers Set to Pass $1B Budget, But Pawlenty's OK Uncertain. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;2/23/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33270, p4
The article reports that Minnesota Tim Pawlenty is uncertain about the 1 billion U.S. dollars capital bonding bill set to pass by the Legilature on February 22, 2010.
- Minnesota's Pawlenty to Cut, Sign Bond Bill. SHIELDS, YVETTE // Bond Buyer;3/15/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33281, p4
The article focuses on the anticipated approval by Minnesota Governor Tim Pawlenty the one billion dollar capital spending bill in March 2010.
- Pawlenty RFP Seen as Big Step Toward Twin Cities Stadiums. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/6/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31756, p6
Reports on Illinois Governor Tim Pawlenty's seeking of financing for planned stadiums. Stadiums for cities professional baseball and football teams; Planned bond offerings.
- Minnesota's Pawlenty Balances Budget With $2.7 Billion of Cuts, Deferments. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/17/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33133, p4
The article reports on the move by Minnesota Governor Tim Pawlenty to balance the $57 billion fiscal 2010-2011 budget by reducing $2.7 billion of funding for local government aid, health and human services as well as education. Pawlenty's move aims to cover the proposed spending without a...
- McCain team gets behind Tim Pawlenty. Wilson, Reid // Hill;10/13/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 117, p1
The article reports on the move of Minnesota Governor Tim Pawlenty of enlisting Republican political strategists in relation to his plan to run for the U.S. presidency in 2012.