Calif. LAO Sees Difficult Solutions to Bay Bridge Overruns
- MAKING EARTHQUAKES TREMBLE. Mathur, Ravi; Orsolini, Greg; Ketchum, Mark A.; Spoth, Tom // Roads & Bridges;May2002, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p26
Focuses on the design and construction of suspension bridge Carquinez Bridge for seismic retrofit in California. Replacement of the concrete deck; Technique for tower foundations and footing forms; Fabrication of the bridge deck.
- TIME TO WRAP. // Roads & Bridges;May2003, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p28
Technologies like carbon fiber reinforced polymer (CFRP) help strengthen bridge columns in seismic zones. In 1998 and 1999, University of Utah engineers were presented with the unique opportunity of conducting full-scale, in-situ tests of the CFRP system on bridge bents similar to the ones on...
- The Cape's Crusader. // Roads & Bridges;May2003, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p24
By the end of 2003, southeast Missouri will be the home of a cable-stayed bridge in the U.S. and the longest cable-stayed span over the Mississippi River. The 3,956-ft-long Bill E. Emerson Memorial Bridge, named for the southeast Missouri congressman within days of his passing, will span 1,150...
- Toll Drops Won't Harm Delaware River Bridge Agency's Debt Plans. D'Ambrosio, Gillian // Bond Buyer;10/2/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31732, p6
Reports on the decision of the Delaware River Joint Toll Bridge Commission to lower tolls on the toll bridges it operates between New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Consideration of the bond sale plans; Mechanism of recovering debt issue; Generation of cash reserves to meet credit criteria.
- Texas county sells border bridge bonds; project now depends on action by Mexico. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;09/02/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30221, p41
Reports on the proposed sale of revenue bonds in Cameron County, Texas, to finance the Los Tomates Bridge project of the county with Mexico. Scheduled start of construction; Effects of delays in the project to the county's revenue stream; Insurance of the bonds.
- Laredo, Tex., selling revenue bonds to build bridge No. 4 to Mexico. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;09/15/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30478, p26
Reports on a plan by the city of Laredo, Texas to sell tax-exempt revenue bonds and taxable revenue bonds to fund the construction of the International Toll Bridge System's fourth bridge between the United States and Mexico. Details of the bridge project; Value of the bond issues; Final...
- Seismic Stability Analysis of a Himalayan Rock Slope. Latha, Gali; Garaga, Arunakumari // Rock Mechanics & Rock Engineering;Nov2010, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p831
The seismic slope stability analysis of the right abutment of a railway bridge proposed at about 350 m above the ground level, crossing a river and connecting two huge hillocks in the Himalayas, India, is presented in this paper. The rock slopes are composed of highly jointed rock mass and the...
- Development and Prospect of China's Bridge Seismic Bearing. Long Zhang; Canhui Zhao; Liang Li; Bingbing Fan // Applied Mechanics & Materials;2014, Issue 580-583, p1506
Since entering the new century, bridge techniques are developing rapidly in our country. When bridge seismic techniques had not reached a certain degree, seismic design of bridge bearings was rarely involved. However, since the amount of the bridges that had collapsed in earthquakes due to the...
- Recent researchof shape memory alloy in seismic resistance. Song Xinlei; Huang Chengwei; Wang Dan // Advanced Materials Research;2014, Issue 919-921, p1998
Shape memory alloy has received widespread attention in seismic areas now, this paper introduce it develop in the field of earthquake in the past 5 years at home, mainly introduce the research in domestic of passive and active control, roughly summarized it in concrete girder bridge design and...