Nuveen Names a New Manager For Closed-End Florida, Michigan Funds
- Nuveen Names a New Manager For Closed-End Florida, Michigan Funds. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;1/26/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32057, p6
This article reports that Nuveen Investments Inc. named Cathryn Steeves as portfolio manager of two closed-end Florida municipal bond mutual funds and three Michigan funds totaling a combined $1.22 billion. Steeves previously managed three Georgia funds, four North Carolina funds, four Ohio...
- Riding the Market's Wave. Fine, Jacob; Albano, Christine; Ryst, Sonja // Bond Buyer;07/17/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30933, p1
Reports on the performance of the United States municipal bond market in the second quarter of 2000. Municipal bond mutual funds; Success of high-yield managers; Short-term focus on income; Neutral-interest rate outlook; Portfolio management strategies.
- Nuveen counts on diversity to fight interest-rate threat. Strahler, Steven R. // Crain's Chicago Business;5/24/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 21, p27
Diversification boosted Nuveen Investments Inc. in the first quarter, but its interest-rate-sensitive roots have pulled down the firm since then. Strong sales of equity-based mutual funds lifted first-quarter net income 23% to $40.0 million, or 40 cents per diluted share, while operating...
- Chicago Private Equity Group Acquires Nuveen Investments. Posner, Matthew; Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/21/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32655, p40
The article reports on the announcement of Nuveen Investments Inc. that it has agreed to be acquired in a $6.3 billion buyout by a private equity group led by Madison Dearborn Partners LLC. According to market participants and analysts, the buyout will not pose threats to the municipal mutual...
- Weekly Reporting Munis See $272M Inflow. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;4/3/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32352, p7
The article reports that the weekly reporting municipal bond mutual funds in the U.S. had a net inflow of $272.15 million during the period ended March 29, 2006. The category represents about 73% of assets in all municipal bond funds. Assets in all municipal bond funds are currently valued at...
- The Cruelest Month. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;7/2/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31918, p1
Reports on issues involving municipal bond mutual funds in New York. Total amount of funds outflow as of May 2004; Worth of the net loss from municipal bonds issued; Factors contributing to the losses incurred.
- Nuveen Plans Its Second ETF. Friedman, Amy S. // American Banker;1/4/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 3, p8
Reports that Nuveen Investments is preparing to launch its first exchange-traded funds tracking United States Treasury indexes. Basis of the funds.
- Muni CEFs Manage to Avoid Volatility of Their Brethren. Seymour, Dan // American Banker;7/15/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 108, p11
The article discusses the relatively steady performance of closed-end municipal bond funds during 2010. Unlike closed-end funds related to stocks, bank loans, and other securities, the municipal funds have shown comparatively little volatility and recorded steady monthly gains. The largest...
- Muni Fund Managers Stand Pat. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;7/28/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33357, p1
The article reports on the increase of mutual fund assets to record levels in the U.S. in 2010. This is attributed to the strength of its long-term municipal market. It notes that some portfolio managers focus on the position of their funds for good performance in a low-rate environment....