NEWS IN BRIEF
- Treasury 30-Year Bonds Go at 4.530% High Yield. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;2/10/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32317, p2
The article reports on the auction of $14 billion of 30-year bonds by the United States Treasury Department with a 4Â½ coupon at a 4.530 percent high yield, a price of 99.510492. The total tenders are $28,720,402,000. The department accepted $14,000,064,000, including $38,776,000 of...
- Municipals End Flat, Treasuries Fall; Wisconsin's $850M Leads New Issues. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;12/11/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31779, p2
Reports on the bond market in the U.S. Price of the general fund annual appropriation taxable bond deal in Wisconsin; Dissipation on the gains of the Treasury Department; Increase in sales during November 2003.
- IN BRIEF. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;9/6/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32707, p2
The article offers news briefs related to bond market in the U.S. National Association of Realtors noted that existing home sales are likely to decline, based on its pending home sales index. The Conference Board reported that about 4,104,800, first time, online job postings appeared on leading...
- INBRIEF. Siegel, Gary E.; Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;4/26/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32368, p2
The article reports on developments related to bond market in the U.S. The consumer confidence index has increased again in April 2006 to its highest level in almost four years at 109.6 from an upwardly revised 107.5 last March 2006. On the other hand, the National Association of Realtors has...
- Growing number of critics for Paulson GSE decisions. Swanson, Ian // Hill;5/27/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 60, p4
The article reports that the National Association of Realtors is planning to oppose the policy of the U.S. Department of Treasury's decision on reducing the billions in annual dividends paid by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.
- IN BRIEF. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;7/5/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32664, p2
The article offers new briefs related to bond market in the U.S. The U.S. Commerce Department announced that new factory orders for manufactured goods slipped 0.5% in May 2007. According to National Association of Realtors, existing home sales may ease some, but should remain near current levels...
- Tepid Demand and Light Trading Close Shortened Thanksgiving Week. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;12/1/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31771, p2
Reports on the impact of the Thanksgiving holiday on the bond market in the U.S. Decline of municipal bond prices; Auction of the multi-billion two-year notes by the Department of Treasury; Rise on the cash bond yield in the municipal market. INSET: MARKET SNAPSHOT: Monday, December 1.
- Treasury Indexed 20-Years Go At 2.600% High Yield. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;7/25/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32678, p2
The article reports that the U.S. Department of the Treasury sold $6 billion of inflation-indexed 19-year, six-month bonds at a 2.600% yield, an adjusted price of 99.570169, with a 23/8% coupon. This issue is a reopening of an inflation-indexed bond originally issued on January 31, 2007, wherein...
- Up in coupon, 15s favored as curve steepens. Runyan, Sally A. // Asset Securitization Report;5/9/2005, Vol. 5 Issue 18, p17
Reports on the announcement for the potential return of the 30-year bond by the Treasury Department in the U.S. Reasons behind the drop of treasury prices; Elicitation of modest response in mortgage flows from hedge funds brought about by the steep curve response; Caution from analysts regarding...