"I Only Like It Better When the Pain Comes": More Notes Toward a Cultural Definition of Prizefighting
- in the spirit. Taylor, Susan L. // Essence (Essence);Nov2001, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p123
Presents an article about reflecting on one's attitude and how it can change interpersonal relationships. Factors behind a person's bad behavior; Advice about happiness.
- College doesn't prepare you for the real world. Gitomer, Jeffrey // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;08/07/2000, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p10
Lists qualities that need to be cultivated to ensure success in relationships, friendships and the working world. Positive attitude; Setting and exceeding goals; Effective communication; Taking responsibility.
- Who says you have to run with the pack? // Cosmopolitan;Feb95, Vol. 218 Issue 2, p118
Presents a list of unlikely social behaviors and attitudes. Fall in love often; Talk about your diet; Have brown hair; Make people made at you sometimes; Still remember your ex's phone number; Eat at thee refrigerator when you're hungry; Leave the bed unmade; Hate music everybody else adores.
- Attitude Strength and the Attitude-Behavior Domain: Magnitude and Independence of Moderating Effects of Different Strength Indices. Franc, Renata // Journal of Social Behavior & Personality;Jun99, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p177
A series of moderated multiple regressions was used to examine the moderating role of four attitude strength indices in the attitude-behavior domain. Consistent with previous findings, significant moderating effects were found for evaluative-cognitive consistency, attitude certainty and latitude...
- A Beautiful House Built on Shifting Sands. Glass, Robert L. // Software Practitioner;Nov/Dec2011, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p6
The author presents his insights concerning the claims that computers will be able to determine social traits based on the face of an individual, wherein he doubted about its accuracy.
- LESSONS FROM A POLITE REVOLUTIONARY. Stone, Bob // Government Executive;Sep2001, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p94
Shares a number of lessons learned by the author in his 30 years of government. Being pleasant; Trust; Being bold; Positive outlook.
- My Sister-in-Law is a Spendthrift! // Tennessee Tribune;6/7/2012, Vol. 23 Issue 24, p8A
The article provides an answer to a question whether her decision of telling her spendthrift sister-in-law to leave her home when she was misguiding her son is right or wrong.
- Helping out? BEGGS, BETH // Graham Leader;1/16/2016, Vol. 140 Issue 45, p4A
No abstract available.
- Personal Viewpoint. Lytton, W.B. // American Bar Association Journal;Apr82, Vol. 68 Issue 4, p388
Comments on the tendency of lawyers to adopt a contentious attitude towards another lawyer. Disadvantages of being unpleasant to a fellow lawyer; Implication of the pervading attitude on the credibility of the law profession.