Urban Renewal at Core of Oakland Redevelopment Agency's $45M Sale
- Bossier City, La., Gaming to Back Streets, Cyber-Warfare Center. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;10/16/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32734, p4
The article reports on the $100 million of revenue bonds that will be supported by the gamblers at three floating casinos in Bossier City, Louisiana. The bonds will finance street improvements, a new fire station, and the construction of a cyber-warfare innovation center in the northeast...
- Growing Florida City to Vote on Bonds for East-West Connector. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;6/2/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32145, p1
This article focuses on Port St. Lude, a relatively young but fast-growing residential community where voters will determine the fate of a $165 million general obligation bond referendum to finance a six-mile, sixlane thoroughfare. If the referendum passes, bond proceeds would be used to design...
- Battered city syndrome. Jacobson, Mark // New York;03/16/98, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p24
Discusses urban decay in New York City. Problems with the infrastructures of the city; The example of the Williamsburg Bridge; The rusted and fallen piers of New York Harbor; The buckling and crumbling Gowanus Expressway; The Third Water Tunnel below Van Cortlandt Park; Other projects and problems.
- The Application of the European Spatial Development Perspective. Faludi, Andreas // TPR: Town Planning Review;Jan2003, Vol. 74 Issue 1, p1
Introduces articles in the January 2003 issue of the journal 'Town Planning Review.' Information on the European Spatial Development Perspective (ESDP); Problems regarding competency; Way of thinking about planning in Europe; Vehicle for applying other policies to sustain and promote...
- Discursive European integration. B�hme, Kai // TPR: Town Planning Review;Jan2003, Vol. 74 Issue 1, p11
This paper addresses the influences of the emerging European spatial development policy agenda on policies in five Nordic countriesï¿½Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Swedenï¿½and explores the influence of the European Spatial Development Perspective (ESDP) on spatial planning in...
- Shaping European spatial planning. Rivolin, Umberto Janin // TPR: Town Planning Review;Jan2003, Vol. 74 Issue 1, p51
Despite an intensifying debate in recent years, a shared definition of European spatial planning is still unclear. As a concept that emerged following the acknowledgement of the involvement of the EU in territorial and urban matters, European spatial planning established itself in the making and...
- Unfinished business. Faludi, Andreas // TPR: Town Planning Review;Jan2003, Vol. 74 Issue 1, p121
The European Spatial Development Perspective (ESDP) adopted in 1999 is widely applied. INTERREG brings new actors into its orbit. The European Commission refers to it more frequently than could have been expected. However, the process relied on informal meetings of ministers and an equally...
- Sustainable development and the aims of planning, ï¿½ la franï¿½aise. Goodchild, Barry // TPR: Town Planning Review;Apr2003, Vol. 74 Issue 2, p239
Focuses on the planning and urban policy law in France. Concept of the French development plan system; Statement of national planning aims; Lessons for Great Britain.
- Best practices: Dubai, United Arab Emirates. // United Nations Chronicle;Spring96, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p47
Focuses on the solution of Dubai in the United Arab Emirates to its urban problems. Adjustment to mushrooming growth through flexible urban policies; Top priority for the most immediate needs of the city.