Austin Kicking Off Busy Year With $109M GO Refunding
- Hartford's $62M Deal Split Between Schools, Refunding. Helen Chang // Bond Buyer;5/24/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32139, p5
The article reports on Hartford, Connecticut's decision to sell $62 million of general obligation debt, for school renovations and half as an advance refunding. A $34.6 million parking revenue bond refunding in March freed $16 million in escrowed reserve funds, padding the city's long overdrawn...
- Record Volume for January. Hanson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;2/1/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32559, p1
The article focuses on the significance of refundings in advancing bond volume for January in the U.S. Survey revealed that the issuers sell about $29.2 billion of public debt sales. It has been considered by Thomson Financial as the most ever sales for the month. It was found out that the sales...
- Houston's St. Luke's Episcopal Health System to Refund $385M. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;10/21/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33203, p4
The article reports on the preparation of the Houston, Texas-based Saint Luke's Episcopal Health System to provide 385 million dollars of revenue bond to refund a deal through the Harris County Cultural Education Facilities Finance Corp. It notes that the bonds are designed to refund all of the...
- Comment on "The value of tax shields is NOT equal to the present value of tax shields". Fieten, Paul; Kruschwitz, Lutz; Laitenberger, J�rg; L�ffler, Andreas; Tham, Joseph; V�lez-Pareja, Ignacio; Wonder, Nicholas // Quarterly Review of Economics & Finance;Feb2005, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p184
Fernandez [2004; The value of tax shields is NOT equal to the present value of tax shields. Journal of Financial Economics, 73, 145-165] claims to derive a formula for the valuation of debt tax shields for firms with cash flows that grow perpetually at a constant rate. We show that his formula...
- Pa. Turnpike Set to Finish Its Refunding. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;8/30/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31461, p1
Reports the completion of planned refunding by Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission. Estimation of outstanding debt in variable-rate revenue bonds; Culmination of financing plan to save 50 million dollars; Tabulation on the bond sales according to Thompson Financial Securities Data.
- Cook County, Ill., Readies $215M Refunding. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/12/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31591, p28
Reports on the preparation of Cook County, Illinois to refund its outstanding general obligation debts. Possibility of decline in municipal market prices following the possible war of U.S. with Iraq; Members of the underwriting team which is involved in refunding the debts; Ratings of the...
- In Denver, Interest Rate Valleys Enhance Mile-High Refundings. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/1/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32435, p32
The article reports that the city of Denver in Colorado will go to market on behalf of its Department of Aviation with $285 million of tax-exempt refunding debt in the second half of a deal amounting to around $460 million. The deal's initial component, a $175 million issue of Series 2006B...
- N.Y.C. Sets $1.13B Advance Refunding. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;10/30/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31502, p3
Reports on the advance refunding of the general obligation debt in New York City. Increase in bond yields; Estimation of value savings from the refunding; Rate of tax-exempt bonds.
- Washington Adds to Refunding, Pushing Size to $839M. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;7/28/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33357, p24
The article reports on the addition refunding component of general obligation bond sale, pushing 839 million dollar debt in Washington in 2010.