Virginia Legislators Hashing Out Debt-Free Transportation Proposal
- Virginia Republican Gives Up on Transportation Bond Plan. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;1/26/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32057, p3
This article reports that Virginia House Appropriations Committee chairman Vincent F. Callahan has dropped his proposal that the state issue revenue bonds backed by insurance premium taxes to help finance transportation programs. With Callahan's bond proposal now out of the picture, there are...
- 'Third party only' fleet operators face higher costs. Copeman, Sue // Accountancy;Oct79, Vol. 90 Issue 1034, p25
The article reports that fleet operators in Great Britain who insure their vehicles for third party only cover can expect to pay higher premiums next year. A partial indemnity clause will be introduced into the motor insurers' knock-for-knock agreement. This will make insurers liable for 50...
- When setting policy, governments too often ignore consumers. Milke, Mark // Canadian Student Review;Fall2013, p32
The author views that the interest of consumers are often neglected when it comes to government policy in Canada. Consumer issues including the federal policy on airline competition known as cabotage, high tariffs on imports, and automobile insurance premiums are addressed. Several principles...
- Premiums Head South, Buyers Market Emerges For Truckers. Tuckey, Steve // National Underwriter / P&C;7/16/2007, Vol. 111 Issue 27, p12
The article discusses the decreasing premium cost for commercial auto and trucking coverage insurance despite strong market competition in New Jersey. According to Dave Pohle, manager of the trucking and transportation at Jumcor Agencies in Montavale that the industry were maintaining its...
- MONEY: Driving Down Your Auto Premium. Mukerji, Chandra Lekha // Business Today;8/7/2011, Vol. 20 Issue 16, p96
The article offers guidelines for vehicle owners to acquire more benefits from motor insurance premiums in India. The author advises that to offset the rise in car insurance costs proposed by the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (IRDA), owners need to assess their motor cover and...
- Is it time for an insurance review? Kilcarr, Sean // Fleet Owner Blog;3/20/2014, p1
The article offers tips that can help lower the cost of insurance for carriers maintaining good safety records. Topics discussed include taking full advantage of available discounts, the purpose of a policy review, lowering coverage on trucks that are in temporary storage such as a...
- Look before you leap. // Finance Week;08/18/2000, p37
Focuses on the trend in vehicle insurance in South Africa. Number of negotiable permutations on basic cover; Determination of insurance premiums; Comparison of insurance ratings between women and men drivers; Importance for vehicle owners to know their insurance options.
- South Korea: Non-life insurers may cut car insurance premiums. // Asia Insurance Review;Mar2012, p14
The article offers information on the plans of non-life insurers to decrease the car insurance premiums in South Korea.
- Oman: CMA releases premium rates for commercial vehicles. // MiddleEast Insurance Review;Oct2013, p12
The article reports publication of updated premium rates for commercial vehicles by the Capital Market Authority (CMA) of Oman.