Westlake, Tex., Housing Default Tale Goes From Bad to Worse
- Healthy glow, some too much so. Hasenfuss, Marc // Finance Week;Mar2002 Supplement, p46
Focuses on the use of interest cover calculation to determine company debts. Calculations for the interest cover; Scope of the interest cover; Enumeration of companies with high calculations.
- Record weight of maturing debt to hit special servicers. // Estates Gazette;1/7/2012, Issue 1201, p32
The article reports that special servicers are facing increasing pressure as the volume of maturing European securitised debt reaches record highs.
- Creditors Grant Conseco An Extension. Connolly, Jim // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;10/21/2002, Vol. 106 Issue 42, p39
Reports that Carmel, Indiana-based company Conesco Inc. received an extension on interest due on the debt taken by the company on directors and officers loan programs. Amount of debt taken by the company.
- Cengage Learning Pays Bill. // Educational Marketer;4/22/2013, Vol. 44 Issue 9, p6
The article reports on the move of Stamford, Connecticut-based Cengage Learning Inc. which noted that it has paid-in-full an interest payment of $41.7 million on its 11.5% Senior Secured Notes due in 2020.
- Marconi sells businesses for 360m Pounds debt reduction. // Electronics Weekly;1/9/2002, Issue 2034, p8
Reports that telecommunication group Marconi has sold off interests into two so-called non-core businesses to reduce the firm's debt.
- The $270B Question: Can Maturing Debt Refinance? M. S. // High Yield Report;8/6/2007, Vol. 18 Issue 31, p1
The article examines the impact of the current freeze on the credit market on the ability of companies to refinance their maturing debt in the U.S. The author identifies the CCC/Caa categories as the most affected in the credit crunch. Moreover, he emphasizes that the inability of a company to...
- Savvis Nets $625M CF for Refinancing. Kellerhals, Richard // High Yield Report;7/19/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 29, p23
The article reports that a credit facility worth 626 million dollars has been secured by information technology (IT) company Savvis to help refinance its existing debt.
- Trump Gets Another Extension. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;2/16/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p17
The article reports on the extension granted by debt holders for casino operator Trump Entertainment as it continues to negotiate a refinancing agreement. Trump Entertainment failed to pay a 53 million U.S. dollar interest on its 8.5 percent senior secured notes due 2015. Its total outstanding...
- Court helps Eurotunnel cut losses. // Commercial Motor;9/6/2007, Vol. 206 Issue 5245, p7
The article reports on the net losses posted by channel tunnel operator Eurotunnel for the six months ended June 2007. Net losses for the period were â‚¬32 million, compared with â‚¬105 million in the same period last 2006. One of the reasons for the smaller loss was that Eurotunnel was...